New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    My current battery (FB, low maintenance) is reaching its 38th month, so I'm looking for a replacement soon.

I'm looking for a low maintenance battery. I don't want a maintenance free battery. They don't last that long.

Some brands under consideration:

Motolite-. Motolite is pushing their maintenance-free batteries, which I'm not a big fan of bec. you can't refill the water (if it dries up) without voiding your warranty. While its low maintenance (enforcer, brand), it targeted towards to public transport, delivery vans, etc... Even its packaging looks like dull and old. I don't know about its performance, though.

Outlast - a Motolite sub-brand. I haven't tried this in years, but I have heard alot of negative experiences from other people regarding this brand.

FB , GS
    - I think both of these are imported from Thailand. FB is a Japanese brand, while GS, I'm not so sure. I think I'm more inclined to get any of these of two brand, but my problem is if any of these batteries are really good or better than Motolite? Also are they widely available as Motolite.

Any of your thoughts, experiences,etc with these brands are welcome ! Thanks!

Btw, let's not venture to other high end imported batteries. I don't have the budget for those.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    My current battery (FB, low maintenance) is reaching its 38th month, so I'm looking for a replacement soon.

I'm looking for a low maintenance battery. I don't want a maintenance free battery. They don't last that long.

Some brands under consideration:

Motolite-. Motolite is pushing their maintenance-free batteries, which I'm not a big fan of bec. you can't refill the water (if it dries up) without voiding your warranty. While its low maintenance (enforcer, brand), it targeted towards to public transport, delivery vans, etc... Even its packaging looks like dull and old. I don't know about its performance, though.

Outlast - a Motolite sub-brand. I haven't tried this in years, but I have heard alot of negative experiences from other people regarding this brand.

FB , GS
    - I think both of these are imported from Thailand. FB is a Japanese brand, while GS, I'm not so sure. I think I'm more inclined to get any of these of two brand, but my problem is if any of these batteries are really good or better than Motolite? Also are they widely available as Motolite.

Any of your thoughts, experiences,etc with these brands are welcome ! Thanks!

Btw, let's not venture to other high end imported batteries. I don't have the budget for those.
    Yung Outlast ng Innova namin which came from casa lasted 3 years... Now Im using Enforcer for all our car.. Ok naman and Mura lang... P1950 for 2smf for our Innova and Lancer...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ever since im using the motolite products. as of now my maintenance free battery is 3 yrs and 3months old and still performing good.

according to the dealer of motolite one reason why the maintenance free dries up which is not suppose to happen because of improper charging of alternator and the tendency it boils up the water inside. (im not sure about this but im satisfied with my maintenance free bat)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me, best bet talaga ang motolite or outlast.

BTW, I am using motolite maintenance free on both cars.
    Last edited by meledson; May 28th, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually i have the same question. mukhang mas tumatagal sa akin yung battery na pwedeng refillan ng water instead of the maintenance free types.

may mga binebenta pa bang ganun ngayon?

but to answer the TS, Motolite na... Tested na pangmatagalan.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    ever since im using the motolite products. as of now my maintenance free battery is 3 yrs and 3months old and still performing good.

according to the dealer of motolite one reason why the maintenance free dries up which is not suppose to happen because of improper charging of alternator and the tendency it boils up the water inside. (im not sure about this but im satisfied with my maintenance free bat)
    Are maintenance free batteries supposed to be immune to drying up on a problem-free(no electrical problem) car? I know its normal for maintenance free to dry up bec. I know of someone who's Motolite Excel (Green) conked out less than two years or something and they found out that the water dried up. It was installed on a new car, btw.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i just recently replace my battery due to false alarm. akala ko bumigay na yung luma kong battery which is already more than 3 years na. sad to say, alternator problem. so i already have 2 batteries. the one, which is more than 3 years old and still 100% ok is a bosch mega silver at yung binili ko lang recently, motolite gold.

so sir, kung may budget kayo, go for bosch batter.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hello ..for me its motolite pa rin, after many years of experience tried and tested na. swertihan din tlaga whether its low maintenance or maintenance free...

sa maintenance free naman just make sure you buy new stocks lang, and after warranty period you can add distilled water.

suggestion ko lang.. you buy yung high end like motolite Gold or excel. more plates sya and mas tumatagal. experience ko kasi i dont know if coincidence lang.. before kasi i used yung low end na motolite na low maintenance..ok naman for 2 years pero nasira alternator ko twice nangyari sa akin...

naisip ko baka mahina yung battery in terms of amp. or capacity to store..kaya na pwersa alternator..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    motolite enduro ok sya

bakit ko nasabing ok?.......... nung mabili ko ang corolla XL sa pinsan ko ay dalawang taon na nagamit ng pinsan ko ang motolite enduro sa corolla XL bago ko pa mabili yun nang mabili ko naman mula sa kanya ay mahigit 2 taon na sa akin naman at eto kapapalit ko lang at motolite enduro ulit ang ipinalit ko bale ipinadeliver ko pa sa bahay namin at di lang yun malaki ang presyo ng trade in sa gamit na battery ko.

presyo ng battery ko is 3,450 pesos dahil meron pa akong battery na luma yun ay ang enduro ko ang kuha pa nila sa akin 250 pesos so sa makatuwid ay naging 3,200 pesos na lang ang kuha ko samantalang kung sa battery shop ay 3,500 pesos pa ang presyo ng enduro motolite tapos ang used battery trade in ay pinaka malaki na ang 200 pesos, medyo mura pa sa delivery.

sabi sa akin ng nagdedeliver ang enduro ay pinakamatagal na ang dalawa't kalahating taon samantala sa akin ay tumagal pa ng 4 na kalahating taon mula sa pinsan ko hanggang sa akin kaya yun ang pinili ko kasi tested ko na

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just an update.

I bought a Motolite Excel 2SM nearly two years ago. First year performance esp. the vehicle start up was really good. About 16 months into its use, it started to exhibit a weaker start. I'm trying to get this replaced under warranty. I brought it to two different battery shops. First one, is where I bought the battery from. They say my alternator needs a checkup, which I think is a misdiagnose bec. it is evident that they don't want to honor the warranty. Second shop which sells the "A" brand, is willing to do a test just to disprove the claims of the first shop, as well as to better defend my warranty claims with the first shop.

If I don't get a replacement, goodbye Motolite. I'm buying the other "A" brand. :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What Brand Of Battery To Get?