New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1131 View Post
    update lang regarding dito.....I ended up buying new battery, kasi isang araw it went dead...pero when I got a new battery still the same guages and light. Mahina sya talaga....ok lang ba na taasan ko ng wattage ung mga peanut bulbs sa dashboard? Headlight sinasabi ng electrician is palitan ko na daw ung assembly kasi foggy na ung plastic...kaya malabo na.
    Palinis mo yung fuse box tapos replace lahat ng fuse with OEM or yung Casco brand. Kung mahina pa din baka hindi na yung OEM bulb ang naka lagay sa dash.. yung headlight naman replace mo na kung malabo na yung housing

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Palinis mo yung fuse box tapos replace lahat ng fuse with OEM or yung Casco brand. Kung mahina pa din baka hindi na yung OEM bulb ang naka lagay sa dash.. yung headlight naman replace mo na kung malabo na yung housing
    I don't know if it has anything to do sa fusebox. It is only a safety feature for short. If there is contact then it's gonna work. Well i will try to increase the wattage of the peanut bulbs. I sure hope na may mas malakas na wattage available.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Check the voltage between the battery negative terminal and the headlight ground ( headlight ground) while the headlights are ON. If you read higher than 0.1 volts, you have bad ground.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's your alternator ... it's not producing enough voltage to supply the vehicle and to charge the battery properly ... have the IC checked ... have it cleaned as well and replace the carbon brush ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, it does sound more like your alternator.
    that should be easy to check. even the battery store should be able to do that.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Like others have suggested, it's your alternator. One of the common symptoms of a bad alternator is dimming dashboard and headlights. It no longer has adequate power.

Maybe, you want to change electrician and hear another opinion.

Just in case:

Surplus alternator : P4,000 - P5,000
    Brand new, Japan : P8,000+ (depends on car make)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Like others have suggested, it's your alternator. One of the common symptoms of a bad alternator is dimming dashboard and headlights. It no longer has adequate power.

Maybe, you want to change electrician and hear another opinion.

Just in case:

Surplus alternator : P4,000 - P5,000
    Brand new, Japan : P8,000+ (depends on car make)
    having your alternator fixed, will probably be cheaper.
    sigurado ka pang "in good condition siya".
    "yock's."
    it's been mentioned here in the past.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1131 View Post
    I don't know if it has anything to do sa fusebox. It is only a safety feature for short. If there is contact then it's gonna work. Well i will try to increase the wattage of the peanut bulbs. I sure hope na may mas malakas na wattage available.
    Hindi porke may contact its gonna work.. there are sometimes resistance in between contacts!

Na experience ko yan nung time na nag iinstall pa ako ng car stereo.. ang problem nung owner (mitsubishi spacewagon) everytime na ilalakas nya yung volume ng stereo nag flicker yung lights.. then mag shut off then on ulit to a lower volume.. guess what the culprit is..Fuse! Changed the fuse to a new one and voila flickering is gone and sound is back..

Alternator naman is easy to check.. voltage across the battery terminals should be 13.5 to 14v. At full load should be able to maintain at least 13.5v

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    having your alternator fixed, will probably be cheaper.
    sigurado ka pang "in good condition siya".
    "yock's."
    it's been mentioned here in the past.
    Fixing it should be cheaper. However, a friend of mine had a quote of P5,000 just for fixing the voltage regulator and some stuff inside. He just went for the "original" surplus at P4,000. Not really sure whether the shop is pushing to sell the surplus.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast