New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I'm about to change my sparkplug. Ano ba ang mas practical at better performance copper or iridium? Thanks!

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Para sa celerio mo ba? Every 10k dn ba palit ng suzuki sa PMS nila?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If you're replacing plugs every 10k or 20k, copper plugs should be fine.

In reality, copper has the best performance of all three and the worst longevity. Platinum has good longevity and the worst performance. Iridium has good longevity and a performance that is decent, which is why iridium plugs tend to be more expensive than any other type.
    Copper Spark Plugs vs. Iridium and Platinum: Understand for Top Performance - CarsDirect

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    DIY Cleaning spark plug using softdrink and salt. it works for me...
    Last edited by kimbon; January 28th, 2016 at 07:15 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Spark plugs of the right heat range and the engine at optimum performance should not need spark plug cleaning during its service life. If they get fouled like the ones our expert showed, it is a result of poor mechanical condition, poor fuel delivery, weak ignition coil output, high secondary resistance, bad fuel, restricted air intake. Correct the problem at the source
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; January 28th, 2016 at 08:30 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Para sa celerio mo ba? Every 10k dn ba palit ng suzuki sa PMS nila?
    Oo tol. Every 10k sa suzuki. Pero pag Iridium daw every 50 or 60k

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If you're replacing plugs every 10k or 20k, copper plugs should be fine.

Copper Spark Plugs vs. Iridium and Platinum: Understand for Top Performance - CarsDirect
    Thanks sir

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Sir radz,choose the copper plugs. Replacing more often is more better than the iridium high life kuno that can be use for more thousand/s of kilometers. Pero manggugulo lang ng konti my APV consumes less fuel when I started to use iridium plugs.a difference of .5 - 1km to a liter. Kaso Iridium plugs cost around 2k per set unlike the copper plugs which is around 115 per piece sa suking auto supply.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for for the OEM recommended plugs. I've known cars na nagbago ang engine response to bad because of using non-recommended plugs.
    ditto with what jick said.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Today's cars with tightly packed engine compartments will opt for longer life spark plugs due to the cost of labor for routine replacement. The removal of plugs for cleaning becomes a waste of time and use of the car. You might as well replace them when bad but fix the cause of the spark plug fouling. Cleaning them without investigating what is causing the carbon build up is only masking the result which becomes a chronic condition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast