New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hi guys. I'm thinking about changing my low and high beams on my '06 Civic and someone suggested the Osram Night Breakers. First question, can anyone tell me their experiences with these bulbs?

I researched a little bit and found out that these lights are somehow white. I also found out that Osram has the "Fog Breaker" line too which is around the 2600K temperature. Since whiter lights are notorious for being bad in the rain, I was pondering if I should use the Night Breaker or Fog Breaker for my high beams. My car's 10 years old and I've never changed the high beams ever. Second question, which color would benefit me more in general use and for high beams? Which gives better overall visibility in most conditions? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    bump bum bump

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Use Osram Fog Breakers for the fog lights. Use Osram Night Breakers or Philips Xtreme Vision for high beams. They range from 3350K to 3900K. In comparison, HID White is 4300K.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Valharth1031 View Post
    Hi guys. I'm thinking about changing my low and high beams on my '06 Civic and someone suggested the Osram Night Breakers. First question, can anyone tell me their experiences with these bulbs?

I researched a little bit and found out that these lights are somehow white. I also found out that Osram has the "Fog Breaker" line too which is around the 2600K temperature. Since whiter lights are notorious for being bad in the rain, I was pondering if I should use the Night Breaker or Fog Breaker for my high beams. My car's 10 years old and I've never changed the high beams ever. Second question, which color would benefit me more in general use and for high beams? Which gives better overall visibility in most conditions? Thanks!

had used the NB variant lots of times before. nope, they are not white, but are near stock.
    malayo ang buga..

use NB for the headlights and fog breakers for the fogs.

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    Ganito gamit ko, pero after 1 year 2 months, busted na low ko na isa. Understandable naman kasi marami akong gabi/madaling araw na drive.
    OK ito generally, personal experience ko mahirap nga lang kapag maulan at kapag itim na itim yung asphalt road. otherwise, OK naman talaga.

Pero ngayon sinubukan ko muna Osram na all season. so far satisfied naman ako.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Changed from HID (fitted when I bought the car) to Night Breakers. Excellent light and it's now directional, unlike the HID.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBee View Post
    Changed from HID (fitted when I bought the car) to Night Breakers. Excellent light and it's now directional, unlike the HID.
    here is my NB history

from stock H4 to NB Plus 90% (p972 * SM)... was a huge improvement from stock... 2 years used and not yet busted

from NB Plus 90% to NB Unlimited 110% (... little improvement but still there is and i like it... 1 year used and still kicking...

cons: not effective on wet roads but what the heck, majority of the year its not raining in metro manila...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBee View Post
    here is my NB history

from stock H4 to NB Plus 90% (p972 * SM)... was a huge improvement from stock... 2 years used and not yet busted

from NB Plus 90% to NB Unlimited 110% (p1620 * SM)... little improvement but still there is and i like it... 1 year used and still kicking...

cons: not effective on wet roads but what the heck, majority of the year its not raining in metro manila...

they say that the Philipps extreme vision 130% (P2800) is better especially on wet roads... but for the additional 20% light distance and price and the con fact above makes me think that osram is a better choice

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    compared the original nightbreakers with the original philips xtreme before and better ang visibility ng philips.

for the ts, i would suggest either the xtreme or the nightbreakers for your headlights and fogbreakers for your fogs.

pero sa akin kasi i use osram all-weathers on my headlights and fogbreakers on my fogs just because i don't like stock-colored headlights (contrary to whatever osram or philips may say about their bulbs being whiter than stock, they very much look like stock). they provide very nice contrast and good visibility even on wet roads and dry roads. pag superyellow ka kasi sa headlight, parang mas madilim naman siya on dry roads.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    compared the original nightbreakers with the original philips xtreme before and better ang visibility ng philips.

for the ts, i would suggest either the xtreme or the nightbreakers for your headlights and fogbreakers for your fogs.

pero sa akin kasi i use osram all-weathers on my headlights and fogbreakers on my fogs just because i don't like stock-colored headlights (contrary to whatever osram or philips may say about their bulbs being whiter than stock, they very much look like stock). they provide very nice contrast and good visibility even on wet roads and dry roads. pag superyellow ka kasi sa headlight, parang mas madilim naman siya on dry roads.
    In terms of the amount of light ng NB and All Weather ba sir same lang? same temperature? And ung concern ko lang din parang nahanap ko sa net H4 bulbs lang meron ang all weather naka 9006 at 9005 pa ung civic ko eh. Or pwde ba un?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rdes View Post
    Ganito gamit ko, pero after 1 year 2 months, busted na low ko na isa. Understandable naman kasi marami akong gabi/madaling araw na drive.
    OK ito generally, personal experience ko mahirap nga lang kapag maulan at kapag itim na itim yung asphalt road. otherwise, OK naman talaga.

Pero ngayon sinubukan ko muna Osram na all season. so far satisfied naman ako.
    In terms of the amount of light ng NB and All Weather ba sir same lang? same temperature? And ung concern ko lang din parang nahanap ko sa net H4 bulbs lang meron ang all weather naka 9006 at 9005 pa ung civic ko eh. Or pwde ba un?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast