New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    It makes it irrelevant kung malipis na yung carbon brushes nya sa loob ng starter... sila na rin mag suggest sa iyo na palitan pati solenoid para isang baklasan na lang pwede rin naman nila i test yan via battery lang kung mag crank properly bago ikabit

ito yung itsura ng carbon brush na usual na unang nasisira sa loob ng starter

Last edited by jodski; December 20th, 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added more details

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Salamat sa mga info guys! Really helpful! Will bring the ride to the mechanic tom.

Sent from my H100 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zacks_888 View Post
    If I remember sbi ng shop na nag offer ng overhaul is ung carbon o magnet ata is upod na. But after ko sa Rey's ok na. Hindi na sya nag playa kahit once. Check mo rin pla ung battery terminal mo bka maluwag lang din
    Sir tanong ko lang saan sa marikina yung shop ni rey?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some cars have the electricity running from the battery to the key to the starter solenoid.. it's a long route that offers more resistance to the flow of electricity... when the battery gets a little weak, there isn't enough electricity to activate the solenoid..
    to alleviate this, some cars use relays that effectively shorten the route the electricity has to travel to the solenoid, thus cutting down on resistance. these cars then start better..

what your mechanic is suggesting, is to put in a relay and minimize the resistance due to long cables..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Advice taken Dr. D! Will bring it to talyer on Dec 26 pa. The mechanic is suggesting either the carbon brush and starter solenoid. I might give it a go. I'm thinking kasi na pag pinalagyan ko muna ng relay tapos may tama rin pala yung solenoid at carbon brush eh baka bale wala rin.

I wanna ask narin, are there any cons of adding relay to the system?

I think I have problem with my servo din but I'll post it on a new thread.

Merry xmas guys!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Just as update guys:

Had may starter fixed na. Bale carbon brush and diode lang ng solenoid lang yung pinalitan.The rest in good condish pa.
    Now it's working fine, one click start.

Just an observation though, compared to my other ride (which is a rav4 2005)... napansin ko lang na may millisecond delay before it starts... as in konting-konti lang. With my rav4 kasi sobrang real-time nung kabit ng kuryente, pero with the galant parang nagblink muna ng isang beses yung mata mo before it connects.

...dito na ba pumapasok ang relay? Just curious hehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Ground connections tend to weaken as the vehicle age. Worth checking the grounding or better yet install additional grounding wires.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Added an hks grounding kit kanina. May lights have never been brighter!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Maybe a relay din soon. Pero the starter's working just as fine now.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1985 View Post
    Added an hks grounding kit kanina. May lights have never been brighter!

How much ang hks grounding kit?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app
    Beep Beep! School Bus! Beep Beep! School Bus!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast