New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Mga sirs, konting OT. Is there a way to maintain Non-maintenance type of batteries aside from starting the engine? Im leaving my ride for 2 to 3 months without somebody to start the engine and for twice now, DOA (dead on my arrival) and battery ko. Dead as in di na kaya i-recharge. Sabi ng battery shop kanoon daw talaga ang non-maintenance. Totoo ba ito? The ride is crv 2k2 and the battery is motolite yong OEM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    syokoy,

best way is to remove the battery connectors leaving your battery without anything conneted to it while your away. ok din kung mailalagay mo sya in a cool but dry place. sa pagkakaalam ko pwede naman i-rechange ang maintennance free battery.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can disconnect the negative terminal, and leave it disconnect until you return. But you will lose saved information on all electricals from HU to vehicle's computer box. Another way is to parallel 2 3SMF batts to be able to leave it without draining as much power. While tapped with your existing car batt.

Better yet, ask your trusty neighbor to start the car for you and leave it in idle for 5-10 minutes everyweek.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know if this is an urban legend, some folks say that it is bad to place car batts directly to ground floor. It will drain your batt quickly. Better place wood insulation inbetween. :confused:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    or mas maganda place it sa styro.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kadalasan nga hindi nila pinapatong sa ground floor mas mainam nga na sapinan ng kahoy kung hindi mo gagamitin ito.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MOTOLITE Enduro