New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For those of use that like more than a simple warning light especially for use diesel owners that add boost or push there turbo charged vehicle hard.

I run Nordskog gauges, they don't make them anymore but they are some of the best gauges for the money, I got them on a surplus sale since Nordskog went out of business . Got extras since they were a great deal.

Got a volt meter, a must in my opinion in a tropical climate since batteries love to give out without warning, It's nice to have early warning instead of a clicking noise when you turn the key.

Boost Gauge since I run more than stock boost and have a manual boost controller it's pretty much mandatory.

Autometer Pyrometer/exhaust gas temp gauge. Also a must for any turbo diesel owner. Don't really like the autometer non through gauge lighting so I will replace it later.

And last for now my hour meter for my secondary injection systems.

Still waiting to install my oil and water temp gauges and oil pressure gauge when I get back to the Philippines.

I switched all the bulbs with LED's still trying to decide if I want to keep the blue or go with green since green matches the stock gauges better. Plus using LED's you use a lot less power and don't have to worry about blown fuses using a single 10amp source. The gauge pod was burning hot with the standard bulbs.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ganda namn... wala kaseng tachometer yung pregio ko.. saan kaya pede palagyang tachometr yung pregio ko near muntinlupa area sana..padagdagan ko na rin sana ng voltmeter..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    feeling ko iyong mga a/t na auto kelangan talaga ng volt meter. iyong gd namin at iyong fd mga twice na napunta sa alanganin kasi na-dedo na ang battery

would it be easy to install volt meters on those cars? how much does it cost anyway and where in the south would it be ok to have it installed? although i love doing diy, i think this will be out of my league considering most everything w/ those cars are electronic. now if it's going to be done on my ek, i can probably install it myself given the correct data to refer to

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    manual ba ndi na kailangan? 2004 pa kase yung pregio ko at newbie kase ako sa sasakyan kaya much better meron akong indicators na imomonitor ;)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    my volt meter is like ths one

Though, it has some discrepancies when compared to a real volt meter..

what is a manual boost controller? and where did you get your LED bulbs sir?

i need these kind of LED bulbs for the gauges, thanks!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ so those volt meters inserted to cig lighters thingies aren't accurate? but i guess that'll do since i've been told that doing a diy on these stuff aren't that advisable

gtamp: kailangan din naman pero kasi pwede naman ma-kadyot start ang m/t kung kinakailangan. ang a/t walang tulak tulak kaya talagang yari ka unless may jumper cables ka parati dala. hassle nga lang iyong mag-hahanap ka ng kakabitan ng cables kung wala ka sa lugar niyo
    Last edited by baludoy; May 10th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    eto ang solusyon sa dead battery emergency situation: CDR KING Car Power Mini-Jumper

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    [QUOTE=dvldoc;1678831

Got a volt meter, a must in my opinion in a tropical climate since batteries love to give out without warning, It's nice to have early warning instead of a clicking noise when you turn the key.

Boost Gauge since I run more than stock boost and have a manual boost controller it's pretty much mandatory.

And last for now my hour meter for my secondary injection systems.

I switched all the bulbs with LED's still trying to decide if I want to keep the blue or go with green since green matches the stock gauges better. Plus using LED's you use a lot less power and don't have to worry about blown fuses using a single 10amp source. The gauge pod was burning hot with the standard bulbs.[/QUOTE]

some questions doc,

1. what's the hour meter (secondary injection systems??). how does it compare to an engine hourmeter? i'm actually interested in an engine hour meter for a diesel.

2. Is it safe if i tap my analog voltmeter (mine's just like yours but a cheaper one) on the cigarette lighter outlet? i mean not a parallel wiring via the main ignition switch.

3. What are the things to do if changing from standard bulbs to LED? i read an article that you need resistors to keep the LED from blowing. can't remember exactly

TIA

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    i usually check on weekends the output of the alternator using a digital multimeter while my gage is not yet installed.

the alternator idiot light actually lives up to its name...does not light up when the alternator is overcharging and undercharging down to 9V.
    Last edited by miked; May 10th, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Digital gauges on my ScanGaugeII. Not as elegant as an analog dial but it gets the job done, and then some.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Let's see your gauges