New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    3. What are the things to do if changing from standard bulbs to LED? i read an article that you need resistors to keep the LED from blowing. can't remember exactly.
    If you put in over the counter bare LED's, then you will need not just resistors but probably bulb adapters also. There are now exact replacement LED's for almost every type of bulbs that are just "plug and play".

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ so those volt meters inserted to cig lighters thingies aren't accurate? but i guess that'll do since i've been told that doing a diy on these stuff aren't that advisable
    hindi siya accurate kapag gantong circumstance.in my case, AT kasi siya, when put into drive bumaba menor, tapos sabay pa lights and AC, tendency bumababa karga ng alternator.. sa volt meter ko sa cabin(which is ung asa lighter nga), 11.something to 12.sumthing, pero dun sa volt meter talaga na direct sa battery, consistent 12+ naman siya, yun lang naman ung discrepancy sir.. when put into neutral or kapag inapakan ung gas almost the same naman..

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    If you put in over the counter bare LED's, then you will need not just resistors but probably bulb adapters also. There are now exact replacement LED's for almost every type of bulbs that are just "plug and play".
    any idea sir kung saan makaka kuha ng high quality LEDs? pero un reasonable naman price, thanks!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    not sure if they have the most reasonable price, but i usually refer to www.c34x4.com.
    for bulbs, here's their ebay.ph page: SNY-Custom-Worx/Lighting-HID-Bulbs

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EA622 View Post
    hindi siya accurate kapag gantong circumstance.in my case, AT kasi siya, when put into drive bumaba menor, tapos sabay pa lights and AC, tendency bumababa karga ng alternator.. sa volt meter ko sa cabin(which is ung asa lighter nga), 11.something to 12.sumthing, pero dun sa volt meter talaga na direct sa battery, consistent 12+ naman siya, yun lang naman ung discrepancy sir.. when put into neutral or kapag inapakan ung gas almost the same naman..
    The symptoms you described are caused by voltage loss across the vehicle wiring when accessories are pulling a lot of current (ie. lights). You can verify this by measuring the cigarette lighter voltage using a proper tester and comparing it with the voltage taken from the battery posts.

This is one reason why some people use grounding kits and/or increase the wire diameter of the positive cable.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    some questions doc,

1. what's the hour meter (secondary injection systems??). how does it compare to an engine hourmeter? i'm actually interested in an engine hour meter for a diesel.

2. Is it safe if i tap my analog voltmeter (mine's just like yours but a cheaper one) on the cigarette lighter outlet? i mean not a parallel wiring via the main ignition switch.

3. What are the things to do if changing from standard bulbs to LED? i read an article that you need resistors to keep the LED from blowing. can't remember exactly

TIA
    My hour meter is something none of you will need, it just activates with my LPG injection and lets me know how long a tank last, It's tied in to a pressure switch which only turns it on when the LPG is injecting.

A volt meter is easy to install you just need to power it with a ignition on positive source and ground it, The same way you would hook up a automotive bulb. Or your radio.

The best way is tap a source in the fuse box, if you don't want to pull out your radio.

LED bulbs are just a option, I only changed mine because I wanted a different color and they last basically forever and make less heat. You don't need a resistor on newer LED bulbs.

Manual boost controller is a bleed valve device hooked to your turbo that lets you dial in what boost level you want.

I have 2 more of those volt meters I use sitting around, But won't be back in the country till July. Hit me up then if you want one. My are Nordskog Vicking series, they are full metal bodys with powder coated exterior, real glass lenses that are UV sealed, and the gauge has all brass and copper internals. It's ment to use in a salt water enviorment so will last forever and look good for life.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    clock-voltmeter-temp gauge

electronic boost gauge with activation switch for WA injection

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Volt meter was around Php400? (Circuit brand). Bought a gauge pod in Banawe for around Php250 and had it installed for Php300 (along with some other smaller jobs).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Circuit mechanical temp gauge (for sale):

Circuit voltmeter with gauge pod:

Cabin Therometer:

Vacuum:

Boost:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ sweet!

pwede ba sa ilalim ng dashboard iyong circuit volt meter gauge. parang ang laki kasi para sa sedan hehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I would love to have the gauges from the GT-R. Though, I got to have me a performance car first. :D

But then, maybe there exists a device that plugs into the DLC and outputs a composite video that I can plug into the video input of my HU?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Let's see your gauges