New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i have a problem with my instrument cluster

Lancer '97 GLXI

sometimes the Tachometer and Speedometer and Odometer dies, indicating nothing. fortunately the gas and the temp seem to be working.... then it turns on again... then off again. sometimes mga 30 minutes naka-on tapos mga 15 minutes naka-off... grr....

steps i tried to do:

• cleaned the terminals and connectors sa likod ng guages. malinis na lahat.
    • checked the connector to the speedometer, ok naman
    • checked the connector to the engine speed sensor, ok naman...
    • checked the fuses.. ok naman lahat...

the previous owner may have messed up the instrument cluster nung nagpalagay siya ng indiglo....

asked kung magkano ang mga surplus na guages... mga 4k-5k... sayang pera eh... just wanted to know if anybody has the same problem... baka na-solve ninyo... at makatipid ako ng 5k...

thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kailangan diyan scan test muna and then go from there with the aid of

instrument cluster wiring diagram

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelyazon View Post
    i have a problem with my instrument cluster

Lancer '97 GLXI

sometimes the Tachometer and Speedometer and Odometer dies, indicating nothing. fortunately the gas and the temp seem to be working.... then it turns on again... then off again. sometimes mga 30 minutes naka-on tapos mga 15 minutes naka-off... grr....

steps i tried to do:

• cleaned the terminals and connectors sa likod ng guages. malinis na lahat.
    • checked the connector to the speedometer, ok naman
    • checked the connector to the engine speed sensor, ok naman...
    • checked the fuses.. ok naman lahat...

the previous owner may have messed up the instrument cluster nung nagpalagay siya ng indiglo....

asked kung magkano ang mga surplus na guages... mga 4k-5k... sayang pera eh... just wanted to know if anybody has the same problem... baka na-solve ninyo... at makatipid ako ng 5k...

thanks
    same probem here bro. was advised to have it troubleshoot sa casa. (900) then pinagawa ko sa labas. me jumper lang sila mga cpacitors and diodes sa panle then okey na (250) . Mines a 97' Matic btw

Lancer 1997 instrument cluster problem/error