New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi Tsikoteers, I have this keyless entry remote that keeps on locking the car even if it is not touched. It keeps on pressing the Lock switch I guess. The blue tiny LED (indicator when a button is pressed) keeps on blinking whenever the remote battery is there. I don't think it is caused by a stuck tact switch button because I could still hear the switch click whenever I press it and unclick whenever i release it so I think there is something shorted. Anyone experienced this already? Meron po bang simple remedies dito aside from replacing the whole alarm system? I pretty much have knowledge in electronics engineering so if you have troubleshooting suggestions on what I should check then I think I could take a look over it.

Thank you po.

:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi12345 View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers, I have this keyless entry remote that keeps on locking the car even if it is not touched. It keeps on pressing the Lock switch I guess. The blue tiny LED (indicator when a button is pressed) keeps on blinking whenever the remote battery is there. I don't think it is caused by a stuck tact switch button because I could still hear the switch click whenever I press it and unclick whenever i release it so I think there is something shorted. Anyone experienced this already? Meron po bang simple remedies dito aside from replacing the whole alarm system? I pretty much have knowledge in electronics engineering so if you have troubleshooting suggestions on what I should check then I think I could take a look over it.

Thank you po.

Chances are the button is defective and is grounded. Your option would be to get it replaced by warranty or use the spare remote.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    interim till it gets fixed: keep your car keys separate from the remote. keep your remote in your sinturero along with your house keys etc. when your car keys is in your ignition.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi12345 View Post

Thank you po.

Sir, under warranty pa? pa check mo ung keys no ned to relpace the whole alarm system.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Happened to me last last week. Naka-ilaw lang yung remote led tapos lock ng lock. Yung sa akin naman, lumubog yung switch na parang nawala yung spring. Sa tingin ko ang nagyari sayo is grounded lang yung switch. Ginawa ko, kinuha ko yung switch sa sirang spare remote tapos un ung ipinalit ko. DIY lang na basic soldering skills ang kailangan.

Worse case, go to your supplier and then ask for a replacement of remote. Usually ipo-program lang nila yung bago para sa existing car alarm/keyless entry ng auto mo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    thanks for the suggestions, desoldered the tact switch (Solder Mount Type) and replaced it with an almost identical tact switch (Trough Hole Type nakuha ko sa office hehe) but bent the pins and cut them in smaller sizes so they could fit, soldered and done! :D