New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I am not so sure if the car alarm security system is stock or not but the sound is almost the same as the usual car alarm system. If we are talking about locking and unlocking the car via remote, the sound is really really identical EXCEPT that whenever a single door is opened, the car security alarm does something like a chirping bird except that it's too loud, a single chirp lasts like half a second, synchronized with my two hazard tail lights and it takes 10 chirps before the chirp goes off. I just find it irritating. Last 2 weeks, suddenly the chirping vanished and I got really really happy. Then just yesterday it came back again. -_- I just find the sound annoying and other people find it funny.

My remote keys got 4 buttons: Lock, Unlock, Thunder sign (does nothing), Silent sign (kills noise when alarm is activated)

If someone else has this situation can someone tell me if I need to change the whole alarm system just to remove the chirping sound, tweak something or just don't change it.

Salamat po in advance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    UP ko lang po itong thread

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    have you tried pressing the silent sign to silence your sound?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The lightning sign is the panic button. The silent button will turn off the chirping but also the arm / disarm sound. Use the silent button to arm you car if you want to be in "silent" mode.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ganito po kasi yung nangyayari. Whenever I open a door, it chirps 10x (not the alarm siren sound) but as soon as the opened door is closed the chirp goes off. It could only chirp 10 times so if a door is open and the chirping already happened 10 times and if someone opened another door it WILL NOT CHIRP again. It is like a warning sign for the driver that a door was opened.

Kapag buksan ko po yung car door, it chirps and when I hit the Silent button it activates the alarm siren sound (car theft burglar sound) goes wild and when I hit again the silent button it goes off together with the chirping sound. I bet this is not a good idea since the alarm siren sound is SO LOUD and before I could kill the chirping sound kailangan pa muna marinig yung alarm siren sound.

Sabi ng father ko may narinig na siyang ganito sa ibang cars and I just wanna know if someone had this case too and did something to kill the 10 times chirping sound. I did something accidentally (see this thread http://tsikot.com/forums/electricals...dlessly-95786/) that turned off the chirping sound but then last time ulit, may nagawa ako at naactivate ko siya ulit