New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't mean to scare you, but does your alarm have the anti-carjack option (starter kill)? My previous installer really did not recommend installing this feature, for exactly this situation. Assuming you have a anti-carjack function enabled, you cannot start the car without fixing the alarm.

Maybe you can look for the alarm box, and look for an exact model to swap boxes? Or just have the remotes checked at Nissan.

Better yet, have a Nissan electrician provide home service, so he can fix the problem (trace valet switch, etc).

Good luck sir. Sana maayos na problema mo.
    Last edited by paolorenzo; September 17th, 2009 at 04:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The car engine starts without a problem so I don't think it has the starter kill installed.

Getting a nissan or car alarm mechanic to look at the alarm might be my only option left.

I was really hoping to be able to fix this myself - even just temporarily to be able to bring it to a mechanic garage.

I will try one last route tomorrow - which is to go to a nissan dealership and have my remotes checked. Although I don't know how they're going to check this without the car being there.

Thanks again for all the ideas and advises - and if there are any more please post them.

I will update tomorrow.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cinemacell View Post
    The car engine starts without a problem so I don't think it has the starter kill installed.

Getting a nissan or car alarm mechanic to look at the alarm might be my only option left.

I was really hoping to be able to fix this myself - even just temporarily to be able to bring it to a mechanic garage.

I will try one last route tomorrow - which is to go to a nissan dealership and have my remotes checked. Although I don't know how they're going to check this without the car being there.

Thanks again for all the ideas and advises - and if there are any more please post them.

I will update tomorrow.

cinemacell,
    if your car has a door lock cylinder on the front passenger side, try locking the doors from the driver's door ( door# 1) and let the alarm arm itself. then on the front passenger's door (door #2), cycle the key to unlock, lock and then unlock. this is usually how the alarm logic is designed for cars with both front doors equipped with lock cylinders.
    jick

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Jick,

Thanks for the advise. Will try that today.

However from testing it yesterday, wether I have all the doors locked or not - the alarm is tripped every time I connect the battery (I doesn't just arm itself - it sirens and all the blinkers blink).

But will give it a try and update.

Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    (Deleted Double Post)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cinemacell View Post
    Jick,

Thanks for the advise. Will try that today.

However from testing it yesterday, wether I have all the doors locked or not - the alarm is tripped every time I connect the battery (I doesn't just arm itself - it sirens and all the blinkers blink).

But will give it a try and update.

Thanks again.

cinemacell,
    the alarm has to be reset first with the procedure i recommended. also, try to check by process of elimination, disconnecting the door pin switch or test with an ohm meter which of the triggers are grounded permanently. your car might have a hood and trunk or tailgate pin switch too. other option you might wanna try is to disconnect the battery, trun the ignition switch, and step on the brake pedal a couple of times to discharge the capacitors in the alarm module similar to discharging the SRS or airbag module capacitors.
    jick

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bit the bullet and went to Nissan today.

They will have a mechanic come on Tuesday to see if the remotes have lost it's programming and need to be paired to the alarm again.

Apparently there is no manual switch - according to the guy I spoke to.

Will update.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I went to Nissan Mantrade last Saturday and scheduled to have a mechanic come and check my car today - Tuesday.

So I stayed at home and waited. It's already late in the afternoon and still I haven't heard from them.

I called them up and to my dismay no one has a clue as to the appointment that I had made last Saturday - apparently no one was coming to my house to check my car.

You can imagine how disappointing that is.

To make things worse, they asked for my name and number and told me that they will get back to me.

Since it's so late in the afternoon - I'm dreading that there won't be much time left before they have to pass the job till tomorrow - which I can't do since I already stayed at home today for it.

So about an hour later I call them to ask for updates. Again they ask for my number and my name and tell me that they'll get back to me.

How incredibly useless is Nissan in Mantrade?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you may opt to tow the car in for their convenience.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Why not disconnect the fuse for your horn and lights and drive it to the dealer? You said the car starts correct?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How to turn off the alarm manually