New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi,

I have a 2002 Cefiro V6, gas, factory car alarm (I think since the car remote key has nissan printed on it's details specs on the back).

Let me start at the beginning:

About a month ago my alarm remote stopped working. I thought it was the battery in the remote - so I changed it - but still the car would not respond.

No big deal at the time, since I could always just use the key to unlock the doors with no problems.

Today, however, the battery went dead.

So I called Motolite delivery to have the battery replaced.

The Motolite guy came with the new battery and replaced the old one with the freshly unwrapped batt. But when he put the terminals on the new battery the alarm loudly started. He said that it's normal that the alarm would sound when a new battery is installed - and I agree with that statement.

However, the problem is I couldn't turn the alarm off with the remote - because my remote stopped working about a month ago.

So I tried to do the 'flick the ignition on and off' trick several times (at least 10 flicks per go) to try and disable the alarm but to no avail.

We ended up not connecting the terminals to the battery, so as not to drain the battery.

So anyone got any ideas on how to turn of the alarm manually on a Cefiro 2002?

Any ideas would be great.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    since di mo na rin naman ginagamit ang alarm bakit di ka kumuha ng auto electrician pa home service mo pa deactivate mo na totally ang alarm para wala kang problema, kasi baka habang bumibiyahe ka ng alarm paano mo papatayin ito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the swift reply raine.

I actually still want to get the alarm to work again eventually.

That would be my next plan - to get a mechanic but I was hoping to be able to drive the car to the garage. And for that I need to be able to shut the alarm off momentarily till I get there.

Shut off = turn it off not disable it.

Any ideas on how to turn it off manually without having to resort to a mechanic?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    AFAIK, the alarm will automatically turn itself off after a couple of minutes...at least in the case of the Clifford alarm on my 97 Accord.

Have you tried waiting for the alarm siren to stop? Takes only less than 3 minutes or so.

Also, wala bang valet switch ang stock alarm ng Cefiro? Have you tried looking under the dashboard/ steering column? (Sorry, not too familiar with Cefiros).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    AFAIK, the alarm will automatically turn itself off after a couple of minutes...at least in the case of the Clifford alarm on my 97 Accord.

Have you tried waiting for the alarm siren to stop? Takes only less than 3 minutes or so.

Also, wala bang valet switch ang stock alarm ng Cefiro? Have you tried looking under the dashboard/ steering column? (Sorry, not too familiar with Cefiros).
    +1, there's usually a switch under the dash or behind the driver's door on the dash if it's a factory alarm... try checking the manual?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm just going to wing it, as I'm not familiar with Cefiros also. What alarm does it use, a siren or the horn? If it's the latter, the alarm is most likely OEM and your only chance to have it repaired is through a reputable service garage or Nissan itself. If it's a siren, you can temporarily disconnect the wire to the siren (to get your sanity back) and to buy you time to have it repaired.

Do try Galactus' suggestion also and look for a valet switch (check the manual if the feature is available on your car). If you find it, try different combinations of pressing and holding it while turning on the ignition. One way or the other, you can probably get it to enter valet mode (alarm disabled).

Good luck.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    try to lock the doors using the door key and connect the battery back . and use the door key to unlock it .

possibilities are you may have a door ajar issue or faulty door switch causing the alarm to go off.

then you have to send car to the dealer to get it rectified

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for all the suggestions and replies.

Will try all of these this week.

Unfortunately the manual for the car is missing, but I will still try to look for a switch in either the dash or the steering column.

Will also try the door locked thing.

Will update you guys.

Thanks again.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hello Guys,

This is how to turn off most alarms.

1. Disconnect the battery
    2. Put the keys in the ignition switch and turn it to the on position.
    3. Reconnect the battery

When the battery is reconnected without the key, ths alarm system turns on into the armed state but if the battery is reconnected the alarm system turns on into the disabled state.

They seldom publish this coz of security issues. this works for most factory alarms and viper alarms

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    So here's what transpired:

I checked under the dash and the steering column for a switch that could possibly turn the alarm off - none to be found.

I then connected the battery tried to wait for the alarm to turn off. After a couple of minutes the sound of the alarm went away but all the signal/turn lights continue to flash - as if the hazard button was pressed - a function of the car alarm.

So I disconnected the battery again and put my key in the ignition and turned it to the on position. I reconnected the battery and again the alarm started.

It's absolutely ridiculous how you need the remote to turn the alarm off - is there really no way to turn the alarm without it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How to turn off the alarm manually