Sep 2006
    Anybody knows what aftermarket brand of high tension wire
    suited for a 2008 Kia Rio?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pobreparin View Post
    Anybody knows what aftermarket brand of high tension wire
    suited for a 2008 Kia Rio?
    Aside from just looking nice, it won't do much for your car. Also chances are a year or so down the road, the HT wires will give you problems either by corroding or the insulation starts to crack and "leak" voltage out.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *GH
    The purpose of my inquiry is not to add power or aesthetic to my ride.
    It is to solve the current problem I have with my ride.
    The problem is with regards to very hard starting when the ride is left
    idle for at least 5 hrs. (I usually have this problem when overnight parked). Unless you will pump the pedal a number of times before engaging the ignition switch, expect that it will not start. When I browse around
    regarding this problem, I found a common cause...that is, the OEM sparkplug and High Tension wire are performing below par.....or of poor quality, thus they suggest to change these to aftermarket brands. If this still does not solve the problem, the next step is to have the fuel injectors
    be checked.
    So,after stating my problem, does anyone know of any aftermarket high tension wire for my ride?not necessarily the sport performance types.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you checked if the sparkplugs are gapped properly?

I assume you had your Kia Rio checked with regards to this problem and the mechanics can't find the cause at the Kia casa?

Have you tried visiting service shops like SPEEDYFIX or SPEEDLAB for their mechanics to diagnose the problem for you?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I though pumping the gas pedal prior to starting only works in carbureted engines?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *oj88
    - yup...I thought so,too...I did it just out of frustration and surprisingly, it worked....

*GH
    - you got it right there....the casa says that they can't find the problem even after connecting their diagnostic tools.. I specifically told them to let the ride idle overnight or after 5hours....I doubt they followed that.....they just told me that they re-gapped and cleaned the sparkplugs.....it worked for a month then the problem came back....
    As for the speedyfix and speedylab, unfortunately, we don't have those
    shops here in Cebu.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    try replacing the spark plugs with the better platinum plugs since when they re-gapped and cleaned your plugs it went ok

if it fails have your starter and ignition coil checked

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's usually the starter or the coils... very rarely will it be the high tension wires.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Another cause for hard starting with the engine cold is when the A/F ratio is too lean. If the car is equipped with an EGR valve, have it checked if it is closing properly.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My guess is its either starter or the starter solenoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
High Tension Wire question