New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    thanks for the advice...but I doubt if the starter is the problem....
    coz I never experience engine cranking failure.....
    PRoblem is
    1. Idle overnight
    2. Do not pump accel
    3. Start engine
    Result: will not start.but engine is cranking.sounds like lack of fuel...
    step on accel fully depressed, engine will sound like too much supply of fuel
    (parang lunod naman).....and if the engine starts, it will also have exhaust smell
    like a rotten egg....
    Scenario 2
    1. Idle overnight
    2. Pump accel for a few times
    3. Start engine
    Result: engine starts normal
    Problem is if you roll the ride immediately, you will experience sudden lost of
    power(drop in RPM)that you need to depress clutch for the engine to regain
    momentum....but after a few minutes, pulling power becomes normal

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Register here to get all the technical info you need about your car: http://www.kiatechinfo.com

Here's a troubleshooting excerpt from that site:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *oj88
    Thanks, bro....I already printed out the related article. Hopefully, the mechanic will really check all the items.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Buhayin ko lang yung Thread na to. May Aftermarket ba nabibili na High Tension wire para sa Vvt-i? Balak ko kasi sana i high tension wire yung Fortuner 2.7 vvti ko. Sabi ng kakilala ko nag high tension daw sya sa Fortuner niya, Sa banawe raw galing pero kapag nag Search naman ako sa Google wala naman lumalabas na high tension wire for Vvt-i. Meron nga ba talaga na high tension wire for Vvt-i?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    Buhayin ko lang yung Thread na to. May Aftermarket ba nabibili na High Tension wire para sa Vvt-i? Balak ko kasi sana i high tension wire yung Fortuner 2.7 vvti ko. Sabi ng kakilala ko nag high tension daw sya sa Fortuner niya, Sa banawe raw galing pero kapag nag Search naman ako sa Google wala naman lumalabas na high tension wire for Vvt-i. Meron nga ba talaga na high tension wire for Vvt-i?
    hi tension wires/cables?
    they're so common.
    consult the yellow pages, po. ask for hi tension cables for fortuner, at baka vvti for vios or altis ang ibigay sa inyo..
    or, you can just walk into a well-stocked auto parts store. you may choose generic or oem. and the price range is huge, as is the quality.

but, why do you want to replace yours?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by timming_gear View Post
    hi tension wires/cables?
    they're so common.
    consult the yellow pages, po. ask for hi tension cables for fortuner, at baka vvti for vios or altis ang ibigay sa inyo..
    or, you can just walk into a well-stocked auto parts store. you may choose generic or oem. and the price range is huge, as is the quality.

but, why do you want to replace yours?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
High Tension Wire question