New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sorry for the late update. Wala pa kasi akong bago ma report dahil sira pa raw ang computer ng casa. They sent it back to head office to reformat the computer. They told me to follow up with them next week kung ayos na ba ang computer. I told them that mababa ang rpm, nasa 600rpm needle line. I do not think that is the normal level and since they claim the computer is the one who dictates the rpm range, dapat makita ng computer nila na 600 is too low. According to the sticker under the hood and the owner's manual, 600rpm is too low.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Latest update.

I was finally able to schedule with the CASA to use their computer called MUT. Ang na register sa MUT, target idling speed 650rpm. Yung actual rpm ko, 650 nga. When the aircon compressor switches on, the idling goes up to 900rpm. With accessories switched on, 650 rpm drops immediately to 13.3 or so. Then gradual drop. Sa kakausap ko sa technician, the voltage eventually dropped to 11.8. Sabi ng technician, walang warning from MUT, therefore, 11.8 is not abnormal. He even said dapat below 11 or around 10 para magtrigger ang MUT to say something is wrong. When the rpm goes up to 900, the voltage is at 13.3-13.5 but does not drop as much as when it is at 650rpm.

When I asked what is the difference between the Strada and Montero with the same engine, sabi nila ang Strada has a setting of 750rpm. When I asked pwede ba iplug ang MUT but declare as Strada, hindi raw pwede, hindi babasahin ng MUT.

This means I am left with a fluctuating voltage and expect a shorter life span on the car battery. Kawawa ang battery supplier nito kung pasok sa warranty period pa pag masira.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    parang mababa yung target idle, nakita nyo ba actually ang reading ng MUT, kadudaduda yung target na ganun kababa.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yup, actual yung reading sa MUT ang nakita ko. If you look at the sticker at the hood and what the manual say, pasok sa minimum ang 650rpm.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Latest update.

I was finally able to schedule with the CASA to use their computer called MUT. Ang na register sa MUT, target idling speed 650rpm. Yung actual rpm ko, 650 nga. When the aircon compressor switches on, the idling goes up to 900rpm. With accessories switched on, 650 rpm drops immediately to 13.3 or so. Then gradual drop. Sa kakausap ko sa technician, the voltage eventually dropped to 11.8. Sabi ng technician, walang warning from MUT, therefore, 11.8 is not abnormal. He even said dapat below 11 or around 10 para magtrigger ang MUT to say something is wrong. When the rpm goes up to 900, the voltage is at 13.3-13.5 but does not drop as much as when it is at 650rpm.

When I asked what is the difference between the Strada and Montero with the same engine, sabi nila ang Strada has a setting of 750rpm. When I asked pwede ba iplug ang MUT but declare as Strada, hindi raw pwede, hindi babasahin ng MUT.

This means I am left with a fluctuating voltage and expect a shorter life span on the car battery. Kawawa ang battery supplier nito kung pasok sa warranty period pa pag masira.
    eh di ba 12.6 volts ang minimum when engine is running. below that "not charging" condition na. ewan kung ano ang minimum sa mga new cars ngayon. yung old school pickup ko eh last time hindi nag on yung battery charging lamp yun pala i found out na nasa neighborhood ng 9-11 volts para mag On yun battery charging lamp. kaya it lives up to its name na "IDIOT" light.

naturingan pa naman na SMART charging systems....ahihihihi

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    dun ba sa MUT ay may target voltage charging, or meron measurement ng duty cycle ng alternator? na research na kaya ng casa baka may TSB (technical service bulletin) na yang sasakyan ninyo? mga ganyang di pangkaraniwan problema ay covered ng bulletin maari kailangan i re-flash ang ecu.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    pag bumaba ng 12.5 ang volt, discharge status yun... pero pag umandar naman eh aakyat yun... magiging problem lang pag long IDLE periods...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sdapat papalitan ng casa yung alternator mo sir. mukhang alternator problem e

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I got a 2010 montero foreclosed from a bank. Patay na ang battery kaya pinalitan ko.
    Yung accessory shops pala, refuse to install accessories sa montero (wanted to improve the sound system and horn upgrade) kasi nga bumababa ang voltage.

kaya pala pina-foreclosed sa bank ito

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234