New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    For those who have acid drain holes sa battery, get a length of tubing and route it outside the car, away from the body. That saves one from having rust near the battery area. When you buy a battery it usually comes with one pero maiksi, so just rig one up and hide it properly para malinis tignan.

If you know the battery is failing, there's no point keeping it and risk having a dead car on the road. Change it soon.

I've had the battery on my car for nearly 3 years, and that's what we got when we acquired the car. Bakit 15 months lang yung life niya?

Speaking like a true W123 owner hehehhe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Theveed, Karugs ito sa MBCP hehe...obvious ba?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    It should be. Because PMS involves checking all vehicle fluid levels (pati washer fluid).

Kung nag-aasin sa terminal, binubuhusan ko lang ng tubig. hehehe. Ano nga ba dapat nilalagay dun para hindi mag-asin? Vinegar ba? Sorry, I can't remember. Household remedy lang yun.

Aside from baking soda and (warm) water, na sabi ni userfriendly, I remember using in the past, one of our coins na may aluminum content (not sure though...), placed near the + terminal, to attract the 'asin'.... It worked then...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SeminaristaKuno View Post
    Dapat ba level ang battery kung level naman ang oto? Pansin ko kasi battery ko tabingi to one side kaya higher ang water level dun sa mababang part.
    Ideally, dapat level ang battery mo.

However, kung hindi, just make sure that the plates are all submerged, and the water(acid) is not up to a point where it can leak out of the battery....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Ideally, dapat level ang battery mo.

However, kung hindi, just make sure that the plates are all submerged, and the water(acid) is not up to a point where it can leak out of the battery....
    Try mo WD40, works on my samurai which I seldom use.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    may nakikita pa akong grasa nilalagay sa terminal... ano kaya effect nun...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^better conduction of electricity. Called die-electric grease.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alsosing View Post
    the one i saw at hot rod car accessories is more than 4K. it has a 7-in-1 function. aside from jump starting, it has air compressor (260psi), long beam light, blinker, celfone charger, 12AH battery nd battery indicator.
    question, if you have this handy battery charger, where can you have the battery replaced?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Monster View Post
    question, if you have this handy battery charger, where can you have the battery replaced?
    this is a auto-emergency power supply. the unit will be charged on 220VAC once the battery will became weak. One function of this unit is it has a VDC outlet to charge your celfone instead on cigarette. i saw it on hot rod car access in banawe, unfortunately, i didnt get their contact #

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    ^^better conduction of electricity. Called die-electric grease.

Dielectric means does not conduct electricity. The grease is actually for corrosion protection.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
End-of-life battery...