Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    also know as...

nag asin...
    Bakit? Maalat ba? - LOL

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Suppose your battery is towards its end of life and could die anytime soon, is it a good idea to keep a spare dry-charged battery in the trunk?

Do you just pour in the electrolyte, install the new battery and you're ready to go?
    As some of our bros have recommended, just replace the battery with a new one. It more than pays for the cost, as it will save you from the big hassle of being stranded somewhere with a dead battery.

It is not a good idea to keep a spare dry-charged battery in the trunk, as it promotes corrosion....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dapat ba level ang battery kung level naman ang oto? Pansin ko kasi battery ko tabingi to one side kaya higher ang water level dun sa mababang part.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    every a year and a half ako magpalit. trade-in to be more apt..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    bad idea to keep a battery in the trunk, and it's a worse idea to keep adic in the trunk. why? suppose you get into a collision. the battery goes flying through the rear seat, into the passenger compartment and hits you and the passengers. the acid, full strength sulfuric acid, also goes flying through and burns everyone.

if your battery is near the end of it's life why not just replace it? trade it in.
    wow thanks for that insight! never realized that danger. meron kasi akong bagong battery (sealed in plastic pa) at the back of my pajero. kasi alam ko matagal na rin yung current batt, lagpas na yata warranty. so i bought a new one as a spare and just placed it at the back of the rear seats.

nakahinayang kasi palitan na yung current batt nang di pa fully dead...

thanks also for that advise!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    if your battery is near the end of it's life why not just replace it? trade it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista View Post
    every a year and a half ako magpalit. trade-in to be more apt..
    question, can you just trade-in your battery from any dealer of same brand? for example i have a 1 year-old motolite maintenance free battery, would motolite dealers accept my old one for trade-in? how much is the usual savings trade-in price pag tradde-in instead of straight buy?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dealers will accept any battery for trade in irregardless of brand and size (kahit galing pa sa ibang sasakyan minsan). Typical trade in value is PHp50-100.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Dealers will accept any battery for trade in irregardless of brand and size (kahit galing pa sa ibang sasakyan minsan). Typical trade in value is PHp50-100.
    thanks! even non-working batteries? like if a battery that just died this morning and you need a replacement?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. Even non-working ones. Because they will just dismantle it for recycling.

When I had a replacement battery delivered for the Starex. I temporarily borrowed another battery from another vehicle and put it in the Starex (we needed to move it). When the battery guy arrived, he did not take the battery that was in the Starex. He just took the one on the garage floor.

Delivery also includes instillation.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
End-of-life battery...