New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by johnart
    Sir can you give us more info like what car were you using? How old is your car ? has its electricals been touched? and how old is the battery ?
    yeah, especially how old is the battery, Motolite gold din kasi battery ko eh

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005

thanks nicolodeon.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Ito na yung mga sinasabi ng mga old school drivers na kung bakit ayaw nila ng maintenance-free na battery.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    My Car is a kia Pride 1996, i have cheked the ignition coil before and it works ok naman....., the distribution is ok rin naman , do not though whether there would be any relation......anyway the battery is quite new...mga 5 monts ago lang.....kakainis nga eh......also how could i prevent leaks...nga ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My guesses:

1) Battery isn't clamped solidly, resulting to battery movement damagine the internals over time.
    2) Battery posts/terminals (esp + terminal) touched the body of the car (maybe the hood) resulting to a short. Or loose terminal.
    3) Overcharged battery (defective VR perhaps?). Or lack of electrolyte? Motolites aren't really maintenance free, they're low maintenance.

If you take out the sticker on top, you'll see that you can repleplenish the electrolytes. Usually the electrolyte level will be low after a year or so (warranty period - wa-is nila no?), if you top it off after the warranty period, the batt will last quite some time padin.

I think naubusan ka talaga ng electrolytes....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    under warranty pa yan. dalhin mo sa binilhan mo para ma-check nila yung electricals mo. yung knocking sound before the explosion could mean something. dapat malaman mo kung ano yung nag-cause ng knocking sound baka yun din yun dahilan kung bakit sumabog battery mo.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    di kaya overcharging yan? pag sira alternator mo, i oovercharge nya battery mo, sa point kumkulo na ang liquid ng battery mo at pag sobra na sasabog kasi sobra na ang kulo

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Guys,

Here is my update, I posted what happened this morning sa motolite website and they will be going to my place to see what caused the explosion....will update you all....

thanks...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Wow galing ng service ah. Kaya lang di mo magagamit agad ang kotse until dumating sila, tama ba? Parang crime scene... dapat untouched. Hehe.

Napababa tuloy ako sa kotse para silipin ang estado ng aking baterya. Isang taon na ang maintenance free kong Motolite...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Car Battery Exploded!!