New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hi Everyone,

The last event i attended was sa tsikot was the camping sa zambales mountain..4wd driving.....Anyway..I just wanted to share a though....I just had a very bad experience today. I was leaving to work and after driving for about 20 meters from my house, i heard a knocking sound...for about 5 seconds, i thought it was a suspension problem, the next thing i know, i heard a big explosion underneath the hood of my car...Since my car was already dead, i parked it at the side. I checked the hood and there my battery exploded. Anyone of you experienced this, or might know the cause of this... I was worrried that it might be an electrical problem, or that sort....i checked also in the internet that it also might be because of lack of water,,,in the battery.(but my battery is a maintenance free). Also what should i do to fix? Anyway hope someone could share their thoughts and suggestions...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    whats d battery brand?

Maybe it shorted or it had some leaks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Motolite Gold (Maintenance Free)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Your battery exploded probably due to hydrogen gas that is venting. The gas can be ignited by a simple spark from under your hood. What a lot of motorist don't know is that car batteries (probably not all) could vent explosive hydrogen gas.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by antz
    Motolite Gold (Maintenance Free)
    Di kaya manufacturer defect yan?

I change my battery to Outlast. Mas matibay ito at longer warranty pa.

whats the best way to prevent this?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    try claiming it if under warranty pa

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmm bago sa akin yan ahh....

nakakagulat at nakakatakot yan....me pumutok sa hood mo....

teka pano matse-check yung battery para maiwasan yan?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Sir can you give us more info like what car were you using? How old is your car ? has its electricals been touched? and how old is the battery ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Car Battery Exploded!!