New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    mahina na siguro talaga yung battery ... charge to experience na lang ... palitan na ang battery

ganunpaman, siguraduhin na matino ang alternator (kahit na malamang ayos ang alternator kasi bago pa) ...

note that some alternator fault may or may not lit the warning lamp ... with such trouble, i.e. internal short on rotor windings is one example and charging is insufficient, you will still experience low bat after a few days even with a new battery ... even faster (to low bat) if you drive at night
    May kinalaman kaya yung pag engine wash sa pag patay ng battery? pina engine wash ko sa casa eh, pag balik, may tama na yung battery

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffishot View Post
    boss, so you mean its normal that I change batteries after 1 year lang?
    Batteries should last at least until after the warranty diba?

Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    not unusual, typical of casa battery like the older ford and honda, mitsu lang ata and toyota may magandang kasama na battery pag bumili ka ng auto

most die in one year regardless of driving habit
    +1

The stock battery of my Altis is 4 yr and 3 mos old and it's still working.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 14th, 2013 at 06:27 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffishot View Post
    May kinalaman kaya yung pag engine wash sa pag patay ng battery? pina engine wash ko sa casa eh, pag balik, may tama na yung battery
    aha!!!

with today's technology, barring abuse, batteries never need to be charged externally during their entire useful life. when the battery shows signs of discharge, is usually the time the battery is about to die and has to be replaced..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Better have your battery check. kung bago pa lang, eh may warranty naman yan kung talagang defective edi palitan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12