New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tanong ko lang po boss, after my 25k pms sa early 2012 Hyundai Accent ko, i noticed na patay na ang battery that i have to jump start it everytime. Our mechanic said na kaliangan nang palitan yung battery. Ganoon ba kabilis magpalit ng battery kung stock galing sa casa ang battery?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffishot View Post
    Tanong ko lang po boss, after my 25k pms sa early 2012 Hyundai Accent ko, i noticed na patay na ang battery that i have to jump start it everytime. Our mechanic said na kaliangan nang palitan yung battery. Ganoon ba kabilis magpalit ng battery kung stock galing sa casa ang battery?
    yes, batteries that die after only one year of use are suspicious...
    1. the car might have been in your garage for one year only. but when was the battery manufactured?
    2. is that still the same battery that went into the casa for pms? i am always suspicious... i put unique markings on my batteries... at any rate, look up the battery warranty. you might still get a new battery for free..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ano ang average distance na na drive mo per week, parang mababa kasi ang milage mo. Possible na puro short trips ka lang at ung battery mo did not have the chance to recharge. try mo pa din i-claim sa warranty dapat pasok pa din yan.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Oo nga, nakaka duda tlga at baka may swapping ng battery na nangyayari.

After i purchased a new vehicle, at 1k pms nsa less than half na yung batt power/condition eh samantalang almost 2mos ko pa lang nagagamit yung oto. That was based nga pala dun sa mismong reading nung casa sa battery. WTF?!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oo nga, nakaka duda tlga at baka may swapping ng battery na nangyayari.

After i purchased a new vehicle, at 1k pms nsa less than half na yung batt power/condition eh samantalang almost 2mos ko pa lang nagagamit yung oto. That was based nga pala dun sa mismong reading nung casa sa battery. WTF?!
    not unusual, typical of casa battery like the older ford and honda, mitsu lang ata and toyota may magandang kasama na battery pag bumili ka ng auto

most die in one year regardless of driving habit

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yes, batteries that die after only one year of use are suspicious...
    1. the car might have been in your garage for one year only. but when was the battery manufactured?
    2. is that still the same battery that went into the casa for pms? i am always suspicious... i put unique markings on my batteries... at any rate, look up the battery warranty. you might still get a new battery for free..
    Boss, its the same battery that came with the car when I bought it brand new. The car was bought January 2012

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    not unusual, typical of casa battery like the older ford and honda, mitsu lang ata and toyota may magandang kasama na battery pag bumili ka ng auto

most die in one year regardless of driving habit
    boss, so you mean its normal that I change batteries after 1 year lang?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Ano ang average distance na na drive mo per week, parang mababa kasi ang milage mo. Possible na puro short trips ka lang at ung battery mo did not have the chance to recharge. try mo pa din i-claim sa warranty dapat pasok pa din yan.
    I tried to charge it by jump starting it with jumper cables tapos I travelled mga 50 km para ma charge ng alternator pero ganoon di, patay rin yun battery

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I tried to charge it by jump starting it with jumper cables tapos I travelled mga 50 km para ma charge ng alternator pero ganoon di, patay rin yun battery

driving the car around in an effort to fully recharge the car's battery was and still is never a good way to gauge the condition of the battery and the charging system. when the car is running, the alternator usually gets overworked and the battery has the possibility of not fully recharge. the recommended way is to charge the battery before reconnecting it to the system

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahina na siguro talaga yung battery ... charge to experience na lang ... palitan na ang battery

ganunpaman, siguraduhin na matino ang alternator (kahit na malamang ayos ang alternator kasi bago pa) ...

note that some alternator fault may or may not lit the warning lamp ... with such trouble, i.e. internal short on rotor windings is one example and charging is insufficient, you will still experience low bat after a few days even with a new battery ... even faster (to low bat) if you drive at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast