New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Diesels have pre-heaters. Even if its direct injection, CRDi, DDi, EGTV, etc.

They still have pre-heaters, which equate to battery juice being used up.

I have a Strada 4D56. When I turn on the engine, the heater (idiot) light just flashes then turns off. Basically this will tell you that the engine is ready to start, di ba? What others would not know is that the heater relay is still in the "on" position. And this relay dis-engages a good 5-10 seconds after the heater light went off!

I don't know if its the same with a Montero, but upon turning my engine on, I hear a slight "knock" ... that's the heater relay energizing. It will continue to energize, way after the heater light went off. In about 10 seconds, the heater relay will dis-engage, (you will hear it "knock: again).

That's when I start my engine.
    exactly, the hilux' pre-heater 'idiot' light comes off much quicker though, ~2 secs lang i think. and yes my volt meter reading dips down to 11.9~7 when my key is at start position. pag-start ng engine 13.8++ na sya.
    what if we didn't turn the key all the way to ignition/start after the idiot light went off, dis-engaged na din ba ang pre-heater?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Diesels have pre-heaters. Even if its direct injection, CRDi, DDi, EGTV, etc.

They still have pre-heaters, which equate to battery juice being used up.

I have a Strada 4D56. When I turn on the engine, the heater (idiot) light just flashes then turns off. Basically this will tell you that the engine is ready to start, di ba? What others would not know is that the heater relay is still in the "on" position. And this relay dis-engages a good 5-10 seconds after the heater light went off!

I don't know if its the same with a Montero, but upon turning my engine on, I hear a slight "knock" ... that's the heater relay energizing. It will continue to energize, way after the heater light went off. In about 10 seconds, the heater relay will dis-engage, (you will hear it "knock: again).

That's when I start my engine.
    yup si lsb, it's the same. the engine light lit then turns off after a few seconds. that's when i start the engine too.

regarding battery life span, siguro nga good for 2 years lang talaga itatagal ng mga baterya. yung motolite slogan nga na "pangmatagalan" ang warranty nila sa mga maintenance free models nila ay 24 months lang sa excel, sa gold 21 mos and then sa enduro ay 15 mos. if it lasts for more than 2 years then need na magpalit or you take the risk na anytime bigla na lang mamatay.

but there are fellow members sa montero club who claimed na yung stock batteries (GS brand) nila lasted more than 5 years and mga high mileage din. mine lasted lang 22 mos bumigay na yung stock, yung motolite excel lasted 26 mos so na surpassed ng 2 mos yung warranty. i'm using motolite gold almost 6 months now so i'm expecting bago mag 21 mos need na ulit magpalit.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sakin motolite gold 1sn for ek civic. 6yrs na this month altho not daily driven ung oto. may signs na it needs replacing already. usually 3-4yrs tumatagal mga batts sa mga sasakyan namin. pinagiisipan ko if mag motolite enduro ako or try ko ung amaron. budgeted din kasi as of now.

dati pag mga 3-4yrs na ung batts namin, medyo parang lumolobo na ung gilid niya, unlike ung gamit namin ngayon na wala pang signs na ganun, sa cranking na lang mapapansin na it needs replacement na.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My experience on battery lifespan usually on loaded vehicles ( with aircon and stereo) and daily driven

or yung gamit na gamit. after the warranty period malapit na masira maybe 2 to 3 months.

Pero kung hindi masyadong ginagamit twice ang life niya. Ako practice ko sa manual car gamit ko

Motolite enduro 15mos wty. pagdating ng 30 mos. palit na. umaabot naman yung enduro pero nung ginamit ko Standard battery nasira na in 22 mos. after its 21 month wty.

Sa automatic car ko naman I use motolite Gold ganun din pag abot ng 30mos palit na. Now try ko

Amaron kung umabot ng 30 mos. pasado na.

Sa delivery vans namin longer ang gamit usually ang enduro 3 to 4years.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My Amaron battery is 3 yrs and 3 mos already

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    OT ata.
    Is Amaron really good? Or sawa nalang talaga sa motolite? [emoji14]

Nakakahinayang din kasi since Amaron is an Indian brand(Imported?) while Motolite is a Filipino brand (also made in ph, I think). Spending a few hundreds every x yrs is fine for me, if mappunta naman sa ph corps (I try to support ph products as much as possible, especially sa mga consumables).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    my motolite excel (yung colored green), quit after 5 years...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My Amaron battery is 3 yrs and 3 mos already

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    but how long did the equivalent local brand before that, last?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bosch Silver. With my use i'm lucky to get anything over 2 years bago magpalit. Use 2 or 3sm sa montero. Yun original GS battery still working pero nag leak ng fluid sa terminal post so ni replace ko as it is over 2yrs. nadin

Would like to try Amaron though. I heard its good daw and not so expensive.
    Last edited by babkalakal; September 10th, 2016 at 12:37 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by kreme View Post
    OT ata.
    Is Amaron really good? Or sawa nalang talaga sa motolite? [emoji14]

Nakakahinayang din kasi since Amaron is an Indian brand(Imported?) while Motolite is a Filipino brand (also made in ph, I think). Spending a few hundreds every x yrs is fine for me, if mappunta naman sa ph corps (I try to support ph products as much as possible, especially sa mga consumables).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yes. Actually, nag eexport na tayo sa australia. May planta na rin ng battery motolite dun saka sa malaysia. 100% filipino owned and work force so yes this is enough reason for me na mag stick sa motolite for all our cars, and friends, etc.

Tips to keep your battery at tip top shape(read to achieve.. LOL)

Accurate voltage readings require that the battery sit up to 2 hours before measurements can be made. - so wag mo sukatin just after mo patayin engine, it wont show you actual state of charge/volts of battery.

For those of you who store your batteries or let them sit without use, be aware that a process called "sulfation" occurs if the battery’s specific gravity falls below 1.225 or below 12.4 volts. Sulfation is actually a hardening of the battery’s internal plates which need to remain soft and porous so that acid can flow through them. If the flow of acid is reduced, the battery performance is greatly reduced regardless of how much you attempt to charge the battery. Monitoring your batteries for these parameters, particularly specific gravity as it changes less rapidly than voltage, will ensure you get maximum life from them.

- Basically, batteries will start to die(fast track aging process) if it reaches 12.4 volts and below so you need an accurate volt meter and battery charger. Check batt. volts weekly and 1st thing in the morning. If it read 12.4v or below, ilabas na ang battery charger para i charge batt. or ayain na ang family mag out of town road trip.. LOL.

Battery School | Batteriesnorthwest.com | State of Charge and Sulfation

Battery life span