New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hello.. you said on idle when you turned on the AC the voltage drops
    and if you go around it will pick up again. try if you just step on the gas pedal
    and see if it reaches at least 13.5volts with or without AC. baka mababa lang

rpm mo. or wala na sa kondisyon yung alternator. advice ko have your alternator

cleaned lang and replaced bearings etc.. if diode ang problem ( yan naman sasabihin ng lahat ng electrical shop) mahal yun almost cost of the entire alternator. just try to rev it or step on the gas while parked observe mo kung

tumataas voltage, kung tumataas it means kumakarga.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Your problem is simple and difficult to diagnose (because its on the borderline), it can be a loose belt, loose connector of the battery or alternator. Try tightening the belt, check with a digital voltmeter connector to the battery, if the a/c on, the voltage should be above 13.0 volts. If nothing happens, try wiggling the connector on the battery post and on the alternator, if nothing happens, the problem could be inside the alternator (brush, diode, regulator, winding, bearing)

(here is my tip when working with electricals/electronic, check, recheck, and check)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    its been a while since i have'nt updated you 'bout this tread...i already have my alternator check and the problem was the diode...there are 4 diodes in there and one of it was broken so the technician advice either to replace the broken diode or replace the whole thing...since my alternator is quite old already i decided to replace the whole rectifier diode...
    Now the problem is gone...
    thanks for all your advises....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    My bro bago lang po ako dto.ask lang sana ako advice about my problem below.

lastweek, nadiskarga yung battery ng pajero ko so i called motolite to deliver me a new battery. so when the delivery man arived and installed my new battery, umandar n yung pajero ko. but when he checks my charging, when idle, umaabot sa 16V ang karga then drop to 14.5 when lights on and AC.
    Then yesterday, noong paandarin kona ulit yung pajero ko, ayaw na ulit umandar, then i checked again d battery its lobat. so i jumpstarted it with my friends car then it started. noong chineck ko uli yung battery ko if nagchacharge, it shows that the battery is not charging co'z even if i rev my car, the output is still 12V. so i drove my car into shop, to let my alternator be fixed. But when the mechanic checked if the alternator is charging, the tester shows that its ok daw naman kxe kumakarga. so they dint do anything kxe ok daw naman.
    but this morning when i chaked again nde nanaman sya kumakarga.and i called a mechanic sabi nya yung crankshft pulley daw my tama kaya daw my time na kumakarga sya at my time na hindi rin kumakarga.
    need ur advice mga bro if do ineed to replace my pulley or alternator. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Battery or alternator problem (Pajero 4d56)