New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Toyota promises long-range solid-state batteries in EVs by early 2020s | Autoweek
    July 25, 2017

Toyota has only recently expressed interest in pure electrics, as opposed to plug-in hybrids, but a new report says the auto giant is planning to leapfrog early electric car leaders by debuting an EV with all-solid-state batteries by 2022. The Japanese daily Chunichi Shimbun (via Reuters) reports that Toyota is focusing on this technology, distinct from lithium-ion batteries, in an effort to market a car with a significantly longer range and a shorter recharge time.
    Solid-state batteries also hold the promise of offering roughly twice the energy density of lithium-ion and other "liquid" batteries per pound, which makes their use in EVs attractive once the technology is perfected and commercialized.

More importantly, solid-state batteries also hold the promise of being recharged in minutes, instead of the quickest fast-chargers being able to juice up a lithium-ion car battery in half an hour.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I hope that happens because to me it is still a long shot, that is, batteries are way behind in satisfying the demands of new technologies.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I hope that happens because to me it is still a long shot, that is, batteries are way behind in satisfying the demands of new technologies.

current batteries are fine. tesla just showed the first 30 units of their $35k Model 3. their cheapest car but still quite expensive from a 3rd world perspective

but current lithium-ion tech is already mature enough for vehicle use. i could definitely see myself having an electric mini hatchback in the next 5 years, for backup-car purposes. for daily short trips around town.

since EV adoption is super-slow here in PH i'll probably just convert a hyundai EON or something to electric

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007

I wonder what will the world be like when I'm 97 years old.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    fossil fuels will go down big time once electric cars becomes the norm in 21st world countries, developing ones will take a little bit more time..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Meralco launches first ever electric vehicle charging station in PH | Auto Industriya

Just remembered an old news that Meralco has a vehicle charging station...

Question ko is may local standard na ba tayo on how to connect your electric car sa charger?

Can you bring an electric car to Meralco and expect na pwede mo icharge yung car mo directly?

So does an ejeep (like the Comet) use the same plug used for a Tesla/Leaf?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    next year siguro meron na Mitsubishi i-MiEV noh?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This PH-based engineer converts cars into usable EVs | Top Gear Philippines
    by Jason Tulio Oct. 24, 2017

Interesting. An electric Aurelio, a funky owner type jeep and a certain Tsikoteer.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^I wonder how long will the battery last in EDSA traffic with A/C, sounds, lights and wipers on...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Hybrid rather than fully electric is more feasible in our traffic situation.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

electric powered cars