New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I'd rather see them being bought for restoration than having them sold to junk shops.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrox
    ...Let's do our bit in keeping the hobby alive.....sharing tech expertise, parts sources, and keeping prices reasonable.
    Kaya tawag ko kay turbo & woodfire ay 'sir'.

Ty for the kind words sir hotrox.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally I think okay lang... as long as these cars find good "homes" abroad.

merun ngang nagnenegosyo ng ganyan dito sa Angeles, Pampanga. All metal works are done here (Hensonville Subd, Angeles)... even the conversion to right hand drive... then they load it sa container van (primered lang) for shipment to Australia.

Hindi raw bababa sa 1 car every quarter ang padala nila... mostly mga american muscle cars.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    may nabasa ata ako na article pero di ko lang sure saan. parang sabi wala na daw sa road ang muscle cars by 2010 (sa states siguro) kaya export na nila para kumita at maging pera. (?)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    madami naman mga mahilig sa US muscle cars dito sa pinas.. maybe that camaro ss just wasnt good enough for the local guys. kaya na export. or could be it was sold for a higher price.

a lot of these restored vintage/classic cars locally, you dont really get to see them. madami nga na sa garahe lang at gathering dust. kasi many of these collectors have plenty of other cars din.

on the same note, madami na din mga importations of vintage/classic sports car back into the philippines. so pareho lang yan. no need to be sad.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I'm an American retired here in the Islands, I'm a CLASSIC CAR BUFF OF THE FIRST ORDER. It is so difficult to get a classic into your country if they get here they should then remain. I'm in the lengthy process of bringing my 1965 Ford Falcon SEDAN DELIVERY OVER HERE. HAS A 406" HI-PO MOTOR, WHY JUST BECAUSE I LIKE IT. THERE WERE ONLY 543 MANUFACTURED. IT IS A RARE CLASSIC. BILL
    THERE , "My 2 cents as they say in America!"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most of the classic cars in my area entered easily through the US air base some 20 years back... these are the same cars being shipped out to australia lately.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Classic Cars being shipped out by foreigners! where do you stand?