New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Exterior styling, like it a lot. Not gaudy or 'sporty' look. So it works for me.

Haven't seen it in the metal yet so I'm really curious about interior cabin space. Per reviews it is larger inside compared to the Vios. But does it reach the cabin space of the current gen Altis? Or just falls short of it?

Price wise is very intriguing for the base model. Reminds me of back in 2014 with the 1.6 MT sylphy having srp of 825k php if I'm not mistaken. It basically undercut all competition price wise (just still didn't sell because it wasn't named sentra - still wonder about this fumble by nissan ph).

And now, this is around 800k for what I understand is the MT... With introductory discount of 50k php + free 1 yr PMS. It will insert itself in consideration (but wont always be the pick).

Did they say who sourced the cvt? Aisin? Jatco? Any other players they could have used?

I can't find where I read it earlier in the week, but the 1.5 na engine is an old design right? Was it a Mitsu or MG design which is explaining why the output is closer to more 'current gen' 1.3l powerplants?

Cant remember where i stumbled upon it for the life of me. I tried rechecking CG and AI but I didnt find it there. Am i imagining this factoid?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Exterior styling, like it a lot. Not gaudy or 'sporty' look. So it works for me.

Haven't seen it in the metal yet so I'm really curious about interior cabin space. Per reviews it is larger inside compared to the Vios. But does it reach the cabin space of the current gen Altis? Or just falls short of it?

Price wise is very intriguing for the base model. Reminds me of back in 2014 with the 1.6 MT sylphy having srp of 825k php if I'm not mistaken. It basically undercut all competition price wise (just still didn't sell because it wasn't named sentra - still wonder about this fumble by nissan ph).

And now, this is around 800k for what I understand is the MT... With introductory discount of 50k php + free 1 yr PMS. It will insert itself in consideration (but wont always be the pick).

Did they say who sourced the cvt? Aisin? Jatco? Any other players they could have used?

I can't find where I read it earlier in the week, but the 1.5 na engine is an old design right? Was it a Mitsu or MG design which is explaining why the output is closer to more 'current gen' 1.3l powerplants?

Cant remember where i stumbled upon it for the life of me. I tried rechecking CG and AI but I didnt find it there. Am i imagining this factoid?
    As per the Autodeal site, no price yet on the MT. The Comfort and Premium models come with a CVT tranny. The prices below undercuts all subcompacts available in the local market.

Comfort 1.5L CVT - 798k
    Premium 1.5L CVT - 908k

Below is a picture of the interior (front):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is rear passenger area. The Premium model has rear aircon vents.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The boot (trunk) is big also.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    This is rear passenger area. The Premium model has rear aircon vents.

its pretty big for a subcompact. it also rivals the mg5 sedan. if i were chose between the two, ill take the emgrand.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    its pretty big for a subcompact. it also rivals the mg5 sedan. if i were chose between the two, ill take the emgrand.
    The Emgrand looks better than the MG5. By the way, the Premium model has a boot sensor. It will open when you’re near as long as you have the FOV key.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    As per the Autodeal site, no price yet on the MT. The Comfort and Premium models come with a CVT tranny. The prices below undercuts all subcompacts available in the local market.

Comfort 1.5L CVT - 798k
    Premium 1.5L CVT - 908k

Below is a picture of the interior (front):

Oh. Thanks for this correction. I thought the base model price was already the MT price. So its actually a cvt base model price, with free 1 yr PMS.

Thanks also for the other photos. Glad to see there is rear vents at least. Hopefully they arent just fans and they actually pull cold air from the front aircon system.

The CG specs didn't mention it being a dual zone climate control system so I have no idea if it is similar to the previous gen Almera rear AC.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Does not look like a Mitsubishi engine. The intake and exhaust of the Emgrand's 1.5L JLC-4G15B engine is opposite that of Mitsubishi's 4G15, the Geely engine also seems to be using a timing chain instead of a timing belt. MG's 1.5L engine appears to be based on GM-SAIC's 1.5L engine.

Apparently there are engine codes in China that include "4G15" but are not Mitsubishi-based, they just happen to be "4-cylinder Gasoline 1.5 liter" engines.

In Wikipedia somebody linked all engines that contain "4G15" in the engine code to the Mitsubishi's Orion Engine wiki page including those unrelated to the Mitsubishi engine. This might have caused some confusion.

Emgrand's 1.5L engine..

-www.topgear.com.ph

Mitsubishi 4G15
    Last edited by AG4; February 28th, 2022 at 02:03 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    For me it looks like derived from the toyota's 1NZ-FE 1.5L engine..

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    For me it looks like derived from the toyota's 1NZ-FE 1.5L engine.
    Although there was no 1.5L ZZ Toyota engine, the basic shape of the cam cover, cylinder head and location of the bolts actually look more like that of the 3ZZ-FE (1.6L) and 4ZZ-FE (1.4L) engine of Toyota than the 1NZ-FE (1.5L).

Toyota 3ZZ-FE
    Last edited by AG4; March 1st, 2022 at 07:24 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast