New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    bilhin mo nalang iyun fuel pump sa thunder, then dalhin mo nalang sa servitech or kay speedyfix.
    pero sure po kaya na fuel pump lang yun? Many thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    may pang test sa chevy libis, kung okay pa iyun fuel pump, para malaman kung iyun talaga ang sira. sa akin nga madalang gamitin iyun fuel pump bumigay din... (naka-lpg kasi optra ko)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    may pang test sa chevy libis, kung okay pa iyun fuel pump, para malaman kung iyun talaga ang sira. sa akin nga madalang gamitin iyun fuel pump bumigay din... (naka-lpg kasi optra ko)

Problem Solved! Nireplace ko yung mismong fuel pump lang hindi assembly. Pang nissan nga ata yung fuel pump na yun. And then nagstart na sya but yung menor nya e ayaw bumaba ng 2800 RPM. So I cleaned the throttle body pero ganun pa din. And what I did is we towed my car sa chevrolet libis and sabi ko dun sa service department na pakireprogram yung ECU/ECM(Computerbox) ng optra ko then ayun problem solved ok na ok na ulit sya.

The thing is mahina din yung fuel pump ng optra and once na mareplace mo yun e kailangan pala magpareprogram. pero sometimes e hindi na kailangan.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi to all!

I had the same problem with my optra. what the mechanics did was-he advised me to replace the fuel pump motor. I bought it at P3K (replacement). Then umandar na nga sya. BUT na notice ko everytime na kakastart ko palang once tumakbo ako ng konte bago nagbreak ako then magggas hindi agad sya tumatakbo i have to wait for a while pa bago ule tumakbo...ano kaya gagawin ko??? dko naman po mabalik dun sa gas station kase mukhang hindi nila kabisado ung optra inabutan lang ako ng tirik near the gas station kaya dun ako nagpapalit bumili nalang ako ng fuel pump motor sa labas.

1 more thing po..pinataas ko kc ung oto sa other gas station for body cleaing...my napansin po ako..sadya po bang my isang hose na hindi nakakabit dun sa my fuel tank? kc po nung pinaliptan sya ng fuel pump ibinababa nila ung tank mismo so hinugot lahat ng hose dun sa my isang black box on the right side na malapit sa gulong na connected sa my salinan ng gas. my 3 pong hose dun...ung dalawa nakakabit sa fuel tank mismo pero my isa po akong napansin na hindi nakakabit pero wala naman po nakita ung mekaniko na pedeng paglagyan unless nasa loob...cno po kaya sa inyo my alam kung para saan talaga un? or meant tlaga na hindi nakakabit???

Salamat po kung my makakapagadvice saken:-)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [quote=v6dreamer;1203615]2004 wow! a very short time.

I cant tell you how long a fuel pump should last... but 15,00 just for the parts I dont know my friend I think its way too much for that price... that shouldnt be that expensive to replace.

If you want you can do a little diagnose yourself. The fuel pump which pressurise the injectors is at the back of the car near the tank. It normally makes a quick 'buzz' ( so listen carefully) when the ignition is switched on, if it is working. There is also the fuel filter there which can get blocked.
    Finally try disconnecting the feed line to the injectors. Turn on the ignition.... fuel should pour out - TURN OFF QUICK!
    If no fuel coming out, no pump. You can check also the fuel pump relay maybe bad.[/quote

sir,if i may ask ,madali bang palitan ang fuel filter,where is it located sir.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by talarms View Post
    V6dreamer!
    Thank you very much for your valuable advise! 'Pikit-mata' ko na lang ipina-replace ang fuel pump ng unit ko. Chevy Pasig me P11,000++ for the new fuel pump, from their original quote of P15,200++ They sent my defective fuel pump home with me, in a box. Till now, i don't know for sure if my pump was really beyond repair na. But when i did the 'quick buzz' test that you suggested, di na tumutunog ang old fuel pump ko. Wala naman akong technica na kaalaman sa makina. But the darn fuel pump is placed directly beneath the bench of the optra's rear seat. Thats also where my daughter's car seat is mounted. So i decided to bite the bullet, rather than risking anything worse!
    is it in the inside portion of the car,or outside the car,underneath the seat portion sir .?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by reddy View Post
    is it in the inside portion of the car,or outside the car,underneath the seat portion sir .?
    remove the rear seat, the circular cover that you'll find is the top cover of the pump. The FP of optra comes in set, meaning the fuel gauge is included in the assembly. Thunder sells the original at 12k.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *larryswerte: Thanks for the info re denso fuel pump. I think it really did help a lot. However, you mentioned you fabricated the fuel pump. Just want to know if I did the right thing. I just bought a Denso Fuel Pump (just the FP motor without the assembly). Since the filter of the Denso FP is larger than the original optra's FP, is it ok just to fit it in without any modification on the yellow cylinder case of the original FP? Yesterday when I replaced it, the car did great. However, earlier when I drove to Lipa City, I feel the car was jerking a lot especially on the lower gears. When i parked the car, the engine sounded like the idling is too low even if the RPM monitor is steady at 9,000.

If I replace the original FP motor, is it necessary for me to replace the original Fuel Filter? if not, what would happen?

Again, thank you thank you very much!

- Jon

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    we have parts of optra and we specialized in it.
    general overhaul;
    top overhaul
    dukot
    timing belt,
    check engine etc...

try us.
    orig parts and replacement..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    bossing, saan ba ang store mo?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chevy Optra: Fuel Pump Replacement?