New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi Optra Owners!

I need your highly valued advise pls! Just towed my unit to Chev Pasig kanina, dahil ayaw umandar. The SA advised me na shorted na daw yung fuel pump ng unit ko, kaya walang umaakyat na gas sa makina.

Here's my problem. The cost of a new Fuel Pump is P15,200++. Does it really cost that much? Disposable ba ang Fuel Pump ng Optra? 1.6 liter A/T na LS ang unit ko. 2004 Model. Ang total mileage is around 50,000 km.

Is this really part of natural wear & tear, or is this fuel pump replacement premature? Where can I buy a replacement fuel pump for my unit please? No choice na ba ako sa tag price na P15,200++? Take note, cost of parts pa lang yun. Wala pang charges for Labor!

Other than Chevrolet / GM, where do you buy parts for your Optra's?

Thanks in advance & God Bless!!!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    2004 wow! a very short time.

I cant tell you how long a fuel pump should last... but 15,00 just for the parts I dont know my friend I think its way too much for that price... that shouldnt be that expensive to replace.

If you want you can do a little diagnose yourself. The fuel pump which pressurise the injectors is at the back of the car near the tank. It normally makes a quick 'buzz' ( so listen carefully) when the ignition is switched on, if it is working. There is also the fuel filter there which can get blocked.
    Finally try disconnecting the feed line to the injectors. Turn on the ignition.... fuel should pour out - TURN OFF QUICK!
    If no fuel coming out, no pump. You can check also the fuel pump relay maybe bad.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yesterday morning, when i start our optra, its hard to start, and when its start the engine didnt run normally, it was shaking like you fill a gasoline with a water mixture, and after a while the engine run smoothly, and my brother noticed that when the engine started he smell gasoline and he also noticed a black smoke coming from the exhaust, i checked and replaced the spark plug, but i didnt help, did any one here have experience it? i tried to go in chevy pasig for them to diagnose the car and it will cost me 1.2k, 1,200 php for diagnose? come on, so i decided to pull the car out of the casa, and when i got home i ask my friend who has a knowledged on cars he told me that maybe the cervo sensor of our car or the fuel pump needs a replacement, i need other advise. thanks in advance. god bless. by the way its 2004 LS A/T

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by talarms View Post
    Hi Optra Owners!

I need your highly valued advise pls! Just towed my unit to Chev Pasig kanina, dahil ayaw umandar. The SA advised me na shorted na daw yung fuel pump ng unit ko, kaya walang umaakyat na gas sa makina.

Here's my problem. The cost of a new Fuel Pump is P15,200++. Does it really cost that much? Disposable ba ang Fuel Pump ng Optra? 1.6 liter A/T na LS ang unit ko. 2004 Model. Ang total mileage is around 50,000 km.

Is this really part of natural wear & tear, or is this fuel pump replacement premature? Where can I buy a replacement fuel pump for my unit please? No choice na ba ako sa tag price na P15,200++? Take note, cost of parts pa lang yun. Wala pang charges for Labor!

Other than Chevrolet / GM, where do you buy parts for your Optra's?

Thanks in advance & God Bless!!!
    ganyan din nangyari sa optra ko buti na lang under warranty pa kaya pinalitan ng wala bayad. nasa labas lang ng bahay ko at ipapark ko na sa garage ng ayaw na lang mag istart.

sa orig na gm parts meron yan sa fronte banawe. dun ako bumibili ng parts sa optra ko. nakalimutan ko nga lang contact number nila, tingnan mo na lang sa yellow pages directory.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try calling Thunder, they import GM and Ford parts. They are always cheaper than CASA. I think they even supply parts to CASA.

http://www.thunderautomotive.com/companyprof.htm

You can ask them to refer a mechanic. You might get lucky.

Fronte and Nemerson also sells GM parts. Look them up in the yellow pages.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    V6dreamer!
    Thank you very much for your valuable advise! 'Pikit-mata' ko na lang ipina-replace ang fuel pump ng unit ko. Chevy Pasig me P11,000++ for the new fuel pump, from their original quote of P15,200++ They sent my defective fuel pump home with me, in a box. Till now, i don't know for sure if my pump was really beyond repair na. But when i did the 'quick buzz' test that you suggested, di na tumutunog ang old fuel pump ko. Wala naman akong technica na kaalaman sa makina. But the darn fuel pump is placed directly beneath the bench of the optra's rear seat. Thats also where my daughter's car seat is mounted. So i decided to bite the bullet, rather than risking anything worse!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my business partner's optra's fuel pump was also replaced two months ago. nag fabricate lang sila ng brand new fuel pump ng nissan sentra.

cost of everything is 3k, including labor.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by talarms View Post
    V6dreamer!
    Thank you very much for your valuable advise! 'Pikit-mata' ko na lang ipina-replace ang fuel pump ng unit ko. Chevy Pasig me P11,000++ for the new fuel pump, from their original quote of P15,200++ They sent my defective fuel pump home with me, in a box. Till now, i don't know for sure if my pump was really beyond repair na. But when i did the 'quick buzz' test that you suggested, di na tumutunog ang old fuel pump ko. Wala naman akong technica na kaalaman sa makina. But the darn fuel pump is placed directly beneath the bench of the optra's rear seat. Thats also where my daughter's car seat is mounted. So i decided to bite the bullet, rather than risking anything worse!
    I think meron nyan sa mga auto spare part... 1.5k lang... 15k is the whole assembly but you can replace the motor pump.. Ganyan talaga sa casa buo lagi ang palit...
    Last edited by alainroyce; March 3rd, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Userfriendly,
    Thanks for your inputs! Sayang i already had my fuel pump replaced! Do bale, thanks very much for providing us with the numbers of Thunder Auto Parts.

Sineater,
    Perhaps you can take Userfriendly's advise and bring your unit to Thunder Automotive Parts in QC. Ask for them to refer a good mechanic to troubleshoot why black smoke is being emitted by your unit's engine. Here's the address of Thunder Automotive's QC Branch (courtesy of Userfriendly):

121 QUEZON AVE., UNIT #201 (cor Araneta Ave.)QUEZON CITY
    Tel# 732-9358 * 741-6218

Regarding the P1,200 cost for diagnosis. Casa's sometimes charge amounts like this, because they plug-in a OBD Tech-II Scan Tool to diaganose your unit's Electronic Computer Unit (ECU.) Otherwise we won't know what the 'Check Engine' warning is lighting-up for! It will detect which among the many Sensors of your unit's engine is faulty / defective, if ever. Nag che-check engine warning ba ang unit mo?

If you have it done in the casa, meaning you buy their parts and pay for the labor of their mechanics, they normally won't charge this amount anymore in your final bill. GOOD LUCK!!!

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    ID4LV Sir, good day! san po nagpa fabricate yung business partner mo ng fuel pump? nung model mo ng sentra ang ginamit nyo? ok po ba di naman nagkaron ng problem?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Chevy Optra: Fuel Pump Replacement?