New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    we are in the same position, i was actually thinking of buying the camaro if the price is within 2M, but to my disappointment it cost double, what was disppointing about it is that the Hyundai Genesis Coupe cost less here but they were on the same price bracket as the Camaro V6 in the US.

we decided to have Ford Focus TDCi on july nalang.
    Sobrang labo talagang maging 2M Pesos lang ang Camaro..And I understand naman kung bakit ganyan ang pricing nila..3.6 V6 LS variant naman ng Camaro ang nandito at hindi yung LT.

Hay mag Focus TDCI ka nalang..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Yes. With it's price of 3.6M. It IS not worth it, period.

Yes. With 2M in hand, or 1.5M in hand the ford focus TDCi seems to be a better choice. Or yet, if budget is stretched to the maximum ... get the Subaru Legacy :heart:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Sobrang labo talagang maging 2M Pesos lang ang Camaro..And I understand naman kung bakit ganyan ang pricing nila..3.6 V6 LS variant naman ng Camaro ang nandito at hindi yung LT.

Hay mag Focus TDCI ka nalang..
    For easier comparison, here's how some selected brands are priced in the US based on Yahoo Autos:

• Camaro 1LT: $23,880 or PHP1.108M
    • Camaro 2LT: $26,875 or PHP1.247M
    • Chrys300 Exec Series: $31,045 or PHP1.440M
    • Chrys300 Signature Series: $31,885 or PHP1.479M
    • Most expensive Focus: $18,780 or PHP871K. Not TDCI, but you can see the big price gap vs. the other cars powered by 3.0+L V6's.

Looks like na pagdating sa Pinas, halos doble ang presyo vs. US. Yung P2M price na sinabi ko, came from Top Gear's Jan/Feb issue. As for your beloved Focus, sorry dude. It's just not in the same league: iconic American muscle.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ Yes. With it's price of 3.6M. It IS not worth it, period.

Yes. With 2M in hand, or 1.5M in hand the ford focus TDCi seems to be a better choice. Or yet, if budget is stretched to the maximum ... get the Subaru Legacy :heart:
    I'm a little bit disappointed about their pricing strategy.. I would rather buy another car that deserves my money....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    For easier comparison, here's how some selected brands are priced in the US based on Yahoo Autos:

• Camaro 1LT: $23,880 or PHP1.108M
    • Camaro 2LT: $26,875 or PHP1.247M
    • Chrys300 Exec Series: $31,045 or PHP1.440M
    • Chrys300 Signature Series: $31,885 or PHP1.479M
    • Most expensive Focus: $18,780 or PHP871K. Not TDCI, but you can see the big price gap vs. the other cars powered by 3.0+L V6's.

Looks like na pagdating sa Pinas, halos doble ang presyo vs. US. Yung P2M price na sinabi ko, came from Top Gear's Jan/Feb issue. As for your beloved Focus, sorry dude. It's just not in the same league: iconic American muscle.
    Typically, for cars around $20k or more, the tax is around 100%... which is why a Porsche Turbo costs around 15 million pesos. It's only lower if it's ASEAN assembled, or much lower if it's locally assembled.

The US Focus is not comparable. It's the old body, and it's much cheaper than the current Mark 2.5 being sold here. The only reason the Focus here is price competitive is because Ford assembles them locally.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've seen one today, a yellow Chevy Camaro bearing plate nos. already in North EDSA area. It's really a damn good-looking car. I waited if it could transform into Bumblebee! ha ha ha

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Yun palang binebenta ng Chevrolet Alabang eh hindi pa yan ang final product na ibebenta rito ng Chevrolet Philippines!

Maganda talaga ang Camaro RS in yellow!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Tsk tsk tsk...another one of those let's-try-if-someone-buys stories. I hope it becomes an epic fail like TMPI's attempt with the Prius.

Over-emphasis kasi sa status eh! Akala nila komo Chevrolet class na. Tsk tsk tsk. Lalo tuloy nauuso ang grey market.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    actually mas mahal sa grey market ang camaro, w/o warranty pa..nevertheless it's still overprice maski sa chevrolet dealer na...way over price ng 1.5M to 1.8M IMO

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Camaro looks good, yes. But with the price attached to it no matter how good looking the camaro is ... it's not worth it.

The additional +/-1.8M that they imposed on the Camaro's price is like a tip that the customers are giving. Parang ganito yan eh ...

--

*customer orders for a camaro*
    *pays for the vehicle*
    Customer :: Hey ! Thanks for this good-looking vehicle, take this 1.8M pesos as a tip. Again, thank you.
    *customer leaves the dealership with a big grin in his face but with him not knowing that he wasted A LOT of money.*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Camaro: Available Locally But...