New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miogimd View Post
    DocGM,

So are you recommending the Trailblazer? The horror stories of GM vehicles are giving me second thoughts, but its in my shortlist. The ride is cushier given our badly maintained roads, defiinitely a balm during long drives. I did read the generally favorable reviews and the not so flattering ones. Its really the after sales I'm worried about...the parts availability etc. Given that I plan to hold on to this one for a couple of years since I need the space for the kids.

The Benz ML class is way off budget and a 5 seater, though the GL class(7 seater) is even better..but sigh..I'd rather invest the moolah in real estate.
    The Murano is strictly a 5 seater, so its not in my list. Looks great, but I'm not really a Nissan fan. The sales guy from Ford wanted me to test drive the Explorer a second time, so we'll see if he'll give something to think about.

The Pajero and Prado are too "pang offroad" which in all probability I won't do
    anyway. Sayang lang features nya.
    Which leaves me with the Honda Pilot, supposedly an 8 seater(as I have seen up close in Glorietta)and with unanimously favorable reviews..
    ---------------

First of all I'd like to clarify that I am basing my suggestion on experience with the GM Brand. I am not in any way connected with the company, although I do know a lot of their corporate officers and dealer owners who are either close friends of mine or close relatives.

I have been a reader and follower of this site and fora for quite sometime already and I am very pleased to have known and learned a lot from it and from experiences of different people of the same interest as I am "the automobile".

I do have high respect for all of these individuals and the founders of this website... for they have helped a lot of people including me to decide on which vehicle would best fit their lifesyle and everyday need be it their passion or neccessity.

Having said that, Yes I do highly recommend the 06 Trailblazer!

The reasons:

I needed a vehicle that would carry a family of 6 ( including my new baby)safely and comfortably with lots of luggage space to spare, here and outside the metro...

A vehicle that would be competitive in cost as compared to existing SUVs
    ( 2.099 plus addtional discounts and freebies) and would still be fuel efficient enough for its size ( 6-7Km/L city )
    (7-9Km/L highway)

Regarding after sales and service I recommend that you have it serviced in GM Quezon Ave. that's where I bring my GM vehicles.

For Parts go to THUNDER AUTOMOTIVE in masangkay Manila. They have complete GM parts and they can order fast if needed from the US or Thailand.

BTW my first choice before was a fortuner, but after having considered all forums read, actual overall need and some of other friend's experience and advise I chose the new 2006 4x2 Trailblazer EXT.

At the end of the day it boils down to your final decision... you and you alone can be the one to make it...

Have a nice day.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Trailblazer is a nice car, granted, and I love the split grille and sporty character it exudes. Most people don't discuss it, though, because it doesn't occur to them as a practical buy, being an SUV and being gasoline powered at that.

A conundrum, as a lot of people go for the Ford Explorer, which is smaller and a worse gas guzzler. But bad-riding? I've felt nothing but extremely comfortable when riding the new Explorer... and that was the heavier 4x4 Eddie Bauer. Maybe the tire pressure was wrong? Some dealerships make the mistake of over-inflating (as in ridiculously over-inflating... to the tune of 40-50 psi) their tires. And the body control feels excellent for an SUV.

Which is in contrast to Isuzu, which fiddles with the suspension of "press corps" D-Max's to make them ride softer...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I read in other forums that the Chevy Trailblazer is fuel efficient for it's size, around 6-6.5 km/liter

Try GM Pasong Tamo, mukhang ok ang service dun kasi caucasian ata yung owner (same owner of Suzuki Pasong Tamo) and you know how foreigners are when it comes to quality control, they're very strict. Pero don't take my word, it's just my perception. Have yet to see their quality of service yet when I have my Grand Vitara serviced for the 1st 6 months.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    OT: I love the head lamps ..

ganda ng ilaw kahit umaga. bagay na bagay...

sadly...

drunken master

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I love the Trailblazer!

Very satisfied po ako. Dinala po namin ito sa Cebu for a Vacation, la kaming na encounter na problem. From Manila to Matnog napaka Smooth ng takbo parang nasa airplane ka lng. Tapos na Test din namin ang capabilities nya sa Rough road, coz raough Road na From Allen to Calbayog. Napunit nga lng yung plastic Engine cover. Ganda naman ng suspension.

Yun nga lng Gas Guzzler lng sya. Mahal nga lng parts coz walang Local lahat galing pa sa States.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
06 Chevy Trailblazer EXT