New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Cherry has it stacked against them scucceeding especially what the brand underwent here sa PH. The long warranty is all well and good kaso they better follow through with parts availability. baka naman weeks o months ang waiting for parts kun sakali.
    Well said po Although with the way our current President favors China, I am hinting that there is hope of more accessibility of parts.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post
    Well said po Although with the way our current President favors China, I am hinting that there is hope of more accessibility of parts.
    Did a test drive last Saturday and here are my novice impressions on my limited hands-on:

1) The first thing I noticed was that it had a very light steering wheel - lighter than the current gen Everest, which didn't spark confidence when turning/driving. (I haven’t test driven a Kia Seltos which they say had very light steering, as well) It also had limited turning radius.

2) Driving position is better than expected and adjustment is very decent (powered and heated driver's seats, which I doubt we would need here in the Philippines) Although it had multiple blind spots (caused by the thick pillars)

3) Acceleration is surprisingly good for a 1.5L Turbo and given the cub weight - although I wasn't able to measure the fuel consumption.

4) Head Unit -not very intuitive (backup camera not clear and had a lag)

5) Spare Tire - "donut type" with the lock/screw found underneath only. (unlike Xpander/Montero with lock inside)

6) DCT - there is something about DCT that feels different from driving an automatic/CVT even a manual. Or probably it's Getrag Dry-DCT specific. I am not sure what it was but felt like there was some rumble in the transmission or something (I felt this whenever I changed the gears - P-N to D). Also, I had qualms when I was stuck in traffic (Congressional) because of the warning I read in the internet that I need to set the DCT to gear to P/N to avoid overheating.

7) 2nd row vents only (no 3rd) and there are no blower/AC adjustments. It was pretty hot at the 2nd row and could just imagine the last row.

Overall, I had high hopes with this car (given the features-price ratio such as 6 airbags, panoramic sunroof, power tailgate, leather seats, 7 seater) but ended a bit disappointed. I guess I need to move on and look for other options for a 1.3M, 7 seater car with the most features

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post
    Did a test drive last Saturday and here are my novice impressions on my limited hands-on:

1) The first thing I noticed was that it had a very light steering wheel - lighter than the current gen Everest, which didn't spark confidence when turning/driving. (I haven’t test driven a Kia Seltos which they say had very light steering, as well) It also had limited turning radius.

2) Driving position is better than expected and adjustment is very decent (powered and heated driver's seats, which I doubt we would need here in the Philippines) Although it had multiple blind spots (caused by the thick pillars)

3) Acceleration is surprisingly good for a 1.5L Turbo and given the cub weight - although I wasn't able to measure the fuel consumption.

4) Head Unit -not very intuitive (backup camera not clear and had a lag)

5) Spare Tire - "donut type" with the lock/screw found underneath only. (unlike Xpander/Montero with lock inside)

6) DCT - there is something about DCT that feels different from driving an automatic/CVT even a manual. Or probably it's Getrag Dry-DCT specific. I am not sure what it was but felt like there was some rumble in the transmission or something (I felt this whenever I changed the gears - P-N to D). Also, I had qualms when I was stuck in traffic (Congressional) because of the warning I read in the internet that I need to set the DCT to gear to P/N to avoid overheating.

7) 2nd row vents only (no 3rd) and there are no blower/AC adjustments. It was pretty hot at the 2nd row and could just imagine the last row.

Overall, I had high hopes with this car (given the features-price ratio such as 6 airbags, panoramic sunroof, power tailgate, leather seats, 7 seater) but ended a bit disappointed. I guess I need to move on and look for other options for a 1.3M, 7 seater car with the most features
    Innova.Chery returns to PH

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Innova.Chery returns to PH

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Agree.. RWD. 2.8L diesel engine.. with rear airconditioning unit and will seat 7 pax easily..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i have seen numerous other china made vehicles in the metro lately but so far no cherry. I cannot say that I am surprised though. ano na kaya nangyari sa kanila this time?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    i have seen numerous other china made vehicles in the metro lately but so far no cherry. I cannot say that I am surprised though. ano na kaya nangyari sa kanila this time?
    Just seen a chery tiggo 5 last week. Napakabihirang makakita ng brand new chery, halos lahat ng buyers ng china vehicles leaning to mg/gec/geely etc.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    https://www.************/2020/06/coc...brand.html?m=1

Meet the new Chery brand ambassador......

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sobrang intriguing yung Tiggo 7 Pro! i have so far seen 2 on the road and they look good!

221 China Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power

viber_image_2021-11-22_13-04-22-074.jpg

221 China Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) | J.D. Power

viber_image_2021-11-22_13-04-33-942.jpg

actually surprised to see Chery ahead of Geely.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    sobrang intriguing yung Tiggo 7 Pro! i have so far seen 2 on the road and they look good!

2?21 China Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power

viber_image_2021-11-22_13-04-22-074.jpg

2?21 China Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) | J.D. Power

viber_image_2021-11-22_13-04-33-942.jpg

actually surprised to see Chery ahead of Geely.
    iba talaga yung mga humawak sa Geely dito sa atin. Sana sila na din humawak sa Changan and Chery.

I am looking forward sa return ng Great Wall, ang gaganda ng Haval and Tank series nila ngayon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Chery returns to PH