New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 144 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1437
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    I think the Chery's are locally assembled. They're assembled at the same plants ANFRAs are.
    Sabi naman sa akin nung manager sa Chery Pampanga, CBU daw ang mga Chery cars.

<shrug>

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last thursday i went to Chery Makati. Sila yung Iseway Motors mismo ang distributor ng Chery sa lahat ng dealers. Sila lang ang nag papa 'no downpayment' so mom and I decided to take another look with Chery's QQ, V5 and Tiggo.

It turns out only the QQ has no downpayment included in the promo. But you'll have to pay for the 3years LTO, Chattel, Comp. Ins and 1 month advance. All in all, about 50k. Once you avail of the no D/P, payment terms is up to 3years max only, which is about 12-14k a month. Seems good deal huh?

.....well, almost.

Too bad, a month prior to that, we visited a Hyundai Showroom in Marcos Hwy. Their promo is a 97K downpayment for a Getz 1.1L in which if you choose either a 2 or 3 year payment, they will waived the chattel, comp. ins, LTO reg. and MA for 3 years is going to be 14K and cashout is 97K. If you choose a longer payment scheme, the promo of waiving those various fees will not apply.

So, its Chery QQ311 (1.1L MT top line model) at 50+k cashout and 13K M.A
    versus
    Hyundai Getz 1.1GL MT at 97k cashout and 14K M.A

I think the 47K premium at cashout and 1K over the M.A is worth it for the Getz.

Lastly, the cars at Iseway seems less equipped than the cars on display at Chery Libis. I swear i saw CD stereo equipped in Libis whereas the stocks at Makati is cassette only. Also, the V5 is not leather equipped there. The SA told me, could be some dealers marketing strat could be the thing there.
    Anyway, the brochure in the Makati is accurate though. The QQ doesnt really have ABS nor airbags.
    The Tiggo has some good sport exterior package. I was surprised to see that it has heated seats. A feature that is quite thoughtful but useless to most instances here.

Mom really like the Tiggo, but was turned off by the unavailability of AT.

She also liked and very much impressed of the V5. She likes the interior alot. Even the scent inside the cabin is much like most of new high end cars. The doors slams better than we expected. The 5 blank buttons within the center console makes me feel cheap for not buying what should have been there. Otherwise, it looks sporty, elegant and classy especially at Magenta Blue or Magic Black color.

All in all, even though the V5 has the highest entrance price, mom and I think that it is the lesser risk in the Chery's line up.

The QQ is based on the old Daewoo Matiz circa 98 models. Buy a secondhand Matiz and you wont be spending higher than 150k. You basically get the same car. Some models are fairly even better equipped with CD and Sunroof. So why spend 350K?

The Tiggo is a respectable rip-off of the gen2 RAV4. But it still no RAV4. It is underspeced and is priced close to a good used RAV4. Is new car smell worth your 699K choice of Tiggo?

Lastly, we think the V5 is of lesser risk. The closest car somparable to it is the Grandis or Innova. Good thing about it, is those cars still in production. So, you dont have some second hand competition like in the case of the QQ or Tiggo. It looks unique too. (although the rear is a copycat of the gen1 Focus ZX3/ZX5) And price is half lower of the Grandis. The specs is fairly acceptable too.

Still, only time will tell. Pag matibay yan talaga, it will eventually build trust among consumers. Good luck to Chery.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    hanggang ngayon wala ka pa ring maipakitang pruweba... hindi kaya may galit ka lang sa amianan motors?

kung talagnga totoo yang mga "kuwento" mo i-post mo dito ang mga proof mo hindi yung puro ka lang kuwento.
    o nga. any pix?

Quote Originally Posted by carlannerocha View Post
    Im a chery QQ owner. My name is Carla Rocha. I bought a blue Chery QQ 0.8 Manumatic. So far I'm happy with my car. You may not believe it, but Iam so fond of my car that I decided to work for chery as an account executive. Im now currently connected with Chery Libis and I use my car going to work everyday. Im very satisfied and glad I bought it. Performance-wise its perfect. Im very sad about Gary Jolly's concern. If what youre saying is true, I believe that you should either get a refund or a new unit specially if youll be able to justify your complaint. Even tho Im very satisfied with my unit, I suggest anybody who's considering to buy a car to thoroughly check their unit first before they get it. This goes with any brand of car hindi lang Chery. IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY AS CAR BUYERS TO MAKE SURE OF WHAT WE ARE BUYING. Dito kasi sa Chery Libis we are very strict and me as a Chery owner I can directly relate to my clients. I check the unit myself if necessary. Kung nacheck mo rin kasi itong mga damages nato sooner, or even before you drove the car out of the dealership, wala sanang problem. You could have made your complaint right then and there. Talaga kasing mahirap na magpapalit ng unit or mag refund once nailabas na ang kotse. Madalas kasi hindi rin sure ang dealership kung sila ba talaga ang nag release ng damaged unit or nagka damage nalang ba yung car sa kamay ng owner. Mahirap patunayan. And hindi lang ito sa Chery. I worked in Honda. Marami rin may mga complaints pero hindi pa namin na experience magpalit ng unit or mag refund. Honda na yun ha! So I hope this serves as a reminder for everyone. Check your unit first. Bring a mechanic if you have to. As Ive said, the responsibility is ours. Kahit Mercedes Benz pa yang bibilhin mo.
    tamang tama ka dun ms/sir (whatever) carlannerocha! inspect thoroughly talaga before driving home the unit. pero ang problema naman kasi ni gary jolly eh, nirelease ang unit mga 5pm, pasara na ang casa. at alang test unit ang amianan para itest ni sir. pde ba tong mangayari sa mga casa ng chery?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Last thursday i went to Chery Makati. Sila yung Iseway Motors mismo ang distributor ng Chery sa lahat ng dealers. Sila lang ang nag papa 'no downpayment' so mom and I decided to take another look with Chery's QQ, V5 and Tiggo.

It turns out only the QQ has no downpayment included in the promo. But you'll have to pay for the 3years LTO, Chattel, Comp. Ins and 1 month advance. All in all, about 50k. Once you avail of the no D/P, payment terms is up to 3years max only, which is about 12-14k a month. Seems good deal huh?

.....well, almost.

Too bad, a month prior to that, we visited a Hyundai Showroom in Marcos Hwy. Their promo is a 97K downpayment for a Getz 1.1L in which if you choose either a 2 or 3 year payment, they will waived the chattel, comp. ins, LTO reg. and MA for 3 years is going to be 14K and cashout is 97K. If you choose a longer payment scheme, the promo of waiving those various fees will not apply.

So, its Chery QQ311 (1.1L MT top line model) at 50+k cashout and 13K M.A
    versus
    Hyundai Getz 1.1GL MT at 97k cashout and 14K M.A

I think the 47K premium at cashout and 1K over the M.A is worth it for the Getz.

Lastly, the cars at Iseway seems less equipped than the cars on display at Chery Libis. I swear i saw CD stereo equipped in Libis whereas the stocks at Makati is cassette only. Also, the V5 is not leather equipped there. The SA told me, could be some dealers marketing strat could be the thing there.
    Anyway, the brochure in the Makati is accurate though. The QQ doesnt really have ABS nor airbags.
    The Tiggo has some good sport exterior package. I was surprised to see that it has heated seats. A feature that is quite thoughtful but useless to most instances here.

Mom really like the Tiggo, but was turned off by the unavailability of AT.

She also liked and very much impressed of the V5. She likes the interior alot. Even the scent inside the cabin is much like most of new high end cars. The doors slams better than we expected. The 5 blank buttons within the center console makes me feel cheap for not buying what should have been there. Otherwise, it looks sporty, elegant and classy especially at Magenta Blue or Magic Black color.

All in all, even though the V5 has the highest entrance price, mom and I think that it is the lesser risk in the Chery's line up.

The QQ is based on the old Daewoo Matiz circa 98 models. Buy a secondhand Matiz and you wont be spending higher than 150k. You basically get the same car. Some models are fairly even better equipped with CD and Sunroof. So why spend 350K?

The Tiggo is a respectable rip-off of the gen2 RAV4. But it still no RAV4. It is underspeced and is priced close to a good used RAV4. Is new car smell worth your 699K choice of Tiggo?

Lastly, we think the V5 is of lesser risk. The closest car somparable to it is the Grandis or Innova. Good thing about it, is those cars still in production. So, you dont have some second hand competition like in the case of the QQ or Tiggo. It looks unique too. (although the rear is a copycat of the gen1 Focus ZX3/ZX5) And price is half lower of the Grandis. The specs is fairly acceptable too.

Still, only time will tell. Pag matibay yan talaga, it will eventually build trust among consumers. Good luck to Chery.
    bro buy the tiggo!!!!!!!

ayun nanaman yang a/t issues! errrrr! hehehehehe anong bang experience(s) mo bakit ayaw mo ng m/t?

and oh bout that QQ311 vs getz 1.1: remember in QQ, you'll get an AMT, which allows you to switch between a/t and m/t whenever you feel it using. in the Getz, you dont get that. QQ is worth a try naman siguro diba? matipid sya, akalain mo, 30km/l? thats one fuel efficient car! very!.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    bro buy the tiggo!!!!!!!

(1)ayun nanaman yang a/t issues! errrrr! hehehehehe anong bang experience(s) mo bakit ayaw mo ng m/t?

(2)and oh bout that QQ311 vs getz 1.1: remember in QQ, you'll get an AMT, which allows you to switch between a/t and m/t whenever you feel it using. in the Getz, you dont get that. QQ is worth a try naman siguro diba? matipid sya, akalain mo, 30km/l? thats one fuel efficient car! very!.
    1. Dahil may mga taong di marunong ng manual transmission sir, tulad ng nanay ko. Sya ang may kelangan ng oto. Im fine with whatever tranny, thank you.

2. And oh too... that QQ311 is manual only, yung QQ3AMT ang semi auto.
    Nagpa quote kami ng MT na QQ para sa sis ko naman.
    I'm comparing the two with regards sa pricing scheme strat nila. Although mas mahal ang Getz 488k for 1.1L GL vs 349 for the QQ311, pag installment parang mas value ang Getz for me. Larger boot space, 4 3 ELR seatbelts, CD stereo, larger tires for 47K more in cashout and 1k more a month over a 36 M.A. not to mention 2 years more warranty. (5years for Getz vs. 3years for QQ311)

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ah ok........ yung mom mo pala...

ah you're not getting the amt variant pala. mas maganda nga sa looks ang getz. lamang lang ang QQ sa price..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    The ironic thing with the AMC Hammer is that the main engine and chassis are from a Nissan Patrol. So it's possible that the donor Nissan Patrol used might be a smuggled unit too.
    Ehem AMC owner is a tsikot member..

Doc Otep Rivera one of the moderator wrote an article about AMC hammer here in Tsikot you may want to read that.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Tiggo with no AT. Prolly still in the process of perfecting it.

Look at this Chery Tiggo recall in Malaysia

http://paultan.org/archives/2007/04/...o-for-rm80292/

Though it is a 2.0L engine and matic tranny combo, it might have made Chery cautious about introducing a matic variants here mated to the 1.6L engine available.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    buti nalang naging responsible sila para di lagyan ng at variant ang 1.6 engine para di na maulit ang recall sa malaysia...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    JJ: joke lang,ito naman,di na mabiro :P oo,sara mo yun pinto. pakinggan mo mabuti. ganun kasi yun tunog ng luma kong bulok na kotse pag sinara mo yun pintuan. kahit tanong mo pa kay lexter(na syang nagrestore ng oto ko noon).
    opinion ko lang,ang bagong kotse hindi dapat ganun ang tunog,dapat swabe ang "thud". kahit na nun 70's pa ganun na ang standard. heck,kahit mga bagong L300 maganda pagsara ng pintuan(sound).

syuryuken: nope,its a chery i have been to both booth by the way

carla: hi carla may friendster ka? :D i hope magawan nyo ng paraan problema ni gary jolly sana win win kayo :D

Chery Cars Philippines (Iseway Motors)