New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i suggest don sa mga bata pa or newly grad.. save early.. di nyo mamamalayan 5, 10 or 20 years na kayo nag wo work.. if you start early mas mababa premium and mas malaki interest in the long run.. kung nalalakihan kayo sa VUL or BTID.. you can start low and invest in Pagibig fund.. currently ang minimum employee share eh 100.00 lang.. ganyan sa mga companies.. but you can increase your employee share.. kahit 1000.00 per month.. that's 12T per year or 120T in 10 years or 240T in 20 years upon withdrawal.. nasa 400T na yan plus dividends.. and this is tax free.. and you can't touch it until you can withdraw it..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Real estate or business expansion or startup

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    i dont have any businesses but I invest in Real estate.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    i dont have any businesses but I invest in Real estate.
    Which kind if I may ask? We can learn from your experience. Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Condos and land from good developers. No black magic here

I probably realized this too late ----- but Pre-selling is the ABSOLUTE BEST time to buy especially if its from a Triple-A developer (Ayala, Rockwell). Condos typically take 4-5 years to build. When they announce it for pre-selling, buy already if you can. . These guys raise their prices every quarter by about 2.5%. Then there is a big kick once the units are ready for turn over. If you want to 'flip' the units then you're in for an excellent return. I dont flip though as Im looking for steady cash flow (hopefully) from rentals. The asset (the condo unit) will be some sort of cash storage for me. Its not super liquid but your principal would have steadily grown and is relatively very well protected. Again its gotta be a Triple-A developer.

Land in Nuvali is also a good investment. Yes, no one is really building there right now but a lot of rich families are land banking for their kids, etc. Investments there are enjoying great returns and the secondary market for lots is very very hot.

So come in early and get in early. prices will most likely rise every half of the year (if even by a few % points). If you are taking advantage of a lay-away plan, the gains from the financial leverage can be huge. Also, dont bite of more than you can chew.
    Last edited by EQAddict; June 20th, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    For our family, we try to maintain a 70% investments and 30% liquid ratio. By investments, we're mostly into equity markets as I suck at bond markets and so does my brother. These comprises of stocks and funds. By liquid assets, these are mainly money market funds, cash in bank, and in short-term treasury bills and time deposits.

Personally, my savings are all managed by moi in my equity portfolio. Some of you might have noticed but I do not invest locally because two things (1) valuations are sky high (2) tax avoidance of off-shore funds.

I do not invest in VULs because (1) we don't believe in life insurance (2) we're liquid enough to pay for incidental occurrences. So instead of throwing the money to Sun Life and Co. I simply funnel them back to my portfolio.

Also, anything that gets 2% from my average returns annually is a no-no *cough* VULs *cough*. That's like starting out each and every year with a -2% handicap. If I were to give advice: lowest possible expenses please. I still have inflation to beat after all.

Truthfully, time is your best friend. Your second best friend is compound interest.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    Real estate or business expansion or startup
    In my experience, real estate is a good investment if the property can earn. I try to avoid gated subd or condos since taxes and maintenance fees eat your profit.

It is best if you could get an agricultural or commercial lots. Just make sure you still have funds for development.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Dito...

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1403251512467.jpg   1403251542018.jpg   1403251581781.jpg  

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bisyo
    Babae
    Luho

joke ..........

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Bisyo
    Babae
    Luho