New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    We would like to thank you for calling our attention on the policy regarding goods received at our warehouse. The memo was created with the good intention of maintaining order and smooth business operations during high volume business days.

Rest assured that we will discuss this in greater detail with our suppliers to further clarify the issues arising from the policy.

Romil Acosta
    VP-Supply Chain and Logistics
    SM Food Retail

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    In some branches ng puregold ganyan din policy... Hanggat maaari kania lang laman ng trak upon delivery to them...

I think isang perspective nito is to simplify security nila... Pag may ibang item pa sa trak... Pg doesnt know or will suspect a baka puslit mula sa loob, or hindi ibinaba lahat ng load sa trak... Altho kung yan ang perspective, it indirectly means na di sapat internal controls nila sa loob .. And yet ipapasa nya burden ng internal control nya to their suppliers...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CSERVICE SMFOOD View Post
    We would like to thank you for calling our attention on the policy regarding goods received at our warehouse. The memo was created with the good intention of maintaining order and smooth business operations during high volume business days.

Rest assured that we will discuss this in greater detail with our suppliers to further clarify the issues arising from the policy.

Romil Acosta
    VP-Supply Chain and Logistics
    SM Food Retail

The world is paved with good intentions. Yet it seems your good intention has FAILED to even consider your hard working suppliers who are trying their best to meet your requirements. It is plainly obvious to anyone reading your memo that you have only considered your end of the operation with total disregard to the requirements of your suppliers.

It would not be hard to simply TALK with your suppliers first to get their inputs before forcing your policies unto your suppliers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I remember when colgate-palmolive stopped supplying to SM and for a time, you can't see any of CP's products in their shelves. A friend in told me that though in the long term, their annual sales would have gone down, they're probably in a better cash position since SM really stretches credit terms.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The world is paved with good intentions. Yet it seems your good intention has FAILED to even consider your hard working suppliers who are trying their best to meet your requirements. It is plainly obvious to anyone reading your memo that you have only considered your end of the operation with total disregard to the requirements of your suppliers.

It would not be hard to simply TALK with your suppliers first to get their inputs before forcing your policies unto your suppliers.
    They're probably hoping that their suppliers would just roll over. I can imagine new suppliers would and that's the thing... in their mindset, there are always new suppliers who would be eager to roll over to their demands. As was said before by Uls, "you need us more than we need you."

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    In some branches ng puregold ganyan din policy... Hanggat maaari kania lang laman ng trak upon delivery to them...

I think isang perspective nito is to simplify security nila... Pag may ibang item pa sa trak... Pg doesnt know or will suspect a baka puslit mula sa loob, or hindi ibinaba lahat ng load sa trak... Altho kung yan ang perspective, it indirectly means na di sapat internal controls nila sa loob .. And yet ipapasa nya burden ng internal control nya to their suppliers...

Exactly. It means they have a security issue within their receiving area, yet they would prefer to pass on the problem to their suppliers than to actually fix the problem. If the requirements are reasonable, suppliers will have no problems following it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I heard Robinson's also really stretches suppliers with credit terms too and they give an option for rediscounting at their own bank. More money for them.

Is there any big operation out there whose policies and practices would actually help their suppliers grow? Or would every big business out there rather keep their suppliers at a certain size so that they can push them around?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I remember when colgate-palmolive stopped supplying to SM and for a time, you can't see any of CP's products in their shelves. A friend in told me that though in the long term, their annual sales would have gone down, they're probably in a better cash position since SM really stretches credit terms.
    In regards to the Colgate issue, it was unreasonable demands from SM for shelf rental prices. It is no secret that supermarkets already charge suppliers a "rental fee" to display goods on store shelves, but the rental prices are getting ridiculous if they know your product line is categorized as a "fast moving" item.

Remember, all of that reflects in the retail prices you eventually pay at the cash register.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I heard Robinson's also really stretches suppliers with credit terms too and they give an option for rediscounting at their own bank. More money for them.

Is there any big operation out there whose policies and practices would actually help their suppliers grow? Or would every big business out there rather keep their suppliers at a certain size so that they can push them around?

From the supermarkets (with more than one location in Metro Manila), only LANDMARK and CHERRY are very friendly to suppliers. They do not charge listing fee or entry fee when new products are introduced to them. The only difficult part with LANDMARK and CHERRY is getting your products approved by the "buyers" and actually finding shelf space in the selling area to display your items.

Other supermarkets charger hundreds if not thousands of pesos per "SKU" (stock keeping unit). Add to that, other supermarkets also charge their suppliers "merchandizer fee", display rental fee, and some even require their suppliers to join quarterly promos at supplier's cost. All that is supposedly to help pay for their operational overhead. Yet that same stores still end up selling goods are that MORE EXPENSIVE than other supermarkets.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 18th, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ganyan din patakaran nila sa ace hadware

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast