New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is a memo from SM FOODS stating that all suppliers should not have mixed loads in their delivery trucks when dropping off their loads at the SM depot. It also states SM will confiscate the goods that aren't to be delivered to them and will even charge the owners of the truck a "storage fee" for holding their goods.

LINK: http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps294467dc.jpg

Forcing a distribution company to separately deliver SM goods from other customers is economically unfeasible (unless it is a full load of SM goods). Also "confiscating" goods from the delivery truck is considered "qualified theft" because SM does not own those goods.

What gives SM the right to declare their own laws and rules? They might be one of the bigger retailers in the country but they aren't the only retailer in the country. They might just force their suppliers to boycott sending them products to sell. It has happened before.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 18th, 2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling correction

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WTF are those guys smoking? It's already bad enough that businesses dealing with SM are working against tight margins.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I do not know if it is illegal but it is definitely not a good policy.

What is the rationale for this policy?

Imagine the additional fuel needed to make the additional trips by the delivery vans.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post

Imagine the additional fuel needed to make the additional trips by the delivery vans.

Exactly. That shows how they only consider themselves and forgot that their suppliers also have other customers to consider. They do not care if their suppliers loose money every delivery as long as their unreasonable rules are followed. SM forgets that they were also once a small company doing business like everyone else.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    SM motto towards suppliers: you need us more than we need you

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    this is to kill other business operating near to SM.

kaya nga meron mga nakasabay na ibang item ay dahil magkalapit lang ang delivery, malapit lang ung kalaban na tindahan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

SM: not my problem

and that's the whole point
    Last edited by uls; July 17th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

to discourage suppliers from supplying competitors

make it harder for suppliers to supply to both SM and competitors

so you choose -- SM o kalaban ng SM

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Exclusive supplier for SM? LOL.

Malls are sprouting everywhere. Di lang sila ang choice ng consumers. Baka meron nagla-lobby maging exclusive supplier ng SM, making it harder for other suppliers to comply.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If SM insists on it's policy, we will then only delivery to SM if and when we have a delivery truck full of their goods. It will be SM's problem to send enough purchase orders to fill a delivery truck otherwise we will just continue serving our other customers... and many of them are growing big as well. We have other customers to serve that are not unreasonable in their policies.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast