New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    On a related note... I came across this

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/307313...line-taxpayers

The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Thursday required individual taxpayers receiving salary, or compensation income of P500,000 and more annually to file their 2010 income tax returns (ITRs) themselves which are due on or before April 15.

Under Revenue Regulations 2-2011, approved by Finance Secretary Cesar V. Purisima based on the recommendation of BIR Commissioner Kim S. Jacinto-Henares, the taxpayers were removed from the coverage of the substituted filing system (SFS) that requires employers to file the ITRs of their workers.

By next year, the BIR is planning to scrap SFS altogether to monitor closely tax payments from this source.
    This means that this year, anyone earning above Php500K annually will need to file their own ITRs, and next year, company filing of ITRs will be essentially done with and all filings will be made individually.

I could just see the loooong lines, the louder than average shouting exchanges, and a lot of pissed people.

Revenue officials said the agency has been losing substantial amount of income taxes from salaried workers because tax withholding data submitted by employers were unreliable and inaccurate as they have no authority to audit the tax exemption claims of their workers.
    Really?! I would bet that the BIR is losing more substantial monies from under-the-table deals than from the salaried people.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    This will be such a PITA...can't possible make it by April 15, not unless all the guidelines are well defined and such.

I fall smack dab in the middle of this bracket...heck...I don't even own my own home...not yet anyways..and I car that I'm still paying for.

They should raise the limit from 500k to probably 5M...I'm pretty sure I pay my taxes...otherwise I would have paid for a house and bought a 2nd car already.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    waaaah kelangan na namang pumila??

ito yung message na dumadating sa akin e:

"huwag natin paginitan yung mga malalaking tax evaders. sayang kita natin sa kanila. heto na lang mga walang magagawa na di naman napapakinabangan ang pagtripan natin para magmukha tayong may ginagawa." grrrrrr

pero approved na ba yan? hindi ba dapat may IRR muna?!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bakit bigla bigla yatang ganito?? ni walang sinasabi ang BIR?? dapat may memorandum circular man lang yan sa lahat nang opisina..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    eto yung RR# 2-2011 issued on March 1, 2011

ftp://ftp.bir.gov.ph/webadmin1/pdf/56540RR%202-2011.pdf

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Ano ba ang gusto nila, they sucked my hard-earned payslip, now they want to know what I did with the remainder? Check out my car, my house, my computers, my HTPC???

Pag nagpagtripan pa tayo o pinag-dudahan, kung anu-ano ang ididiin. Harassment na ito! Hindi kaya human rights violation ito, right to privacy?

BIR Sucks!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Ano ba ang gusto nila, they sucked my hard-earned payslip, now they want to know what I did with the remainder? Check out my car, my house, my computers, my HTPC???

Pag nagpagtripan pa tayo o pinag-dudahan, kung anu-ano ang ididiin. Harassment na ito! Hindi kaya human rights violation ito, right to privacy?

BIR Sucks!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hay nako madali lang naman doktorin ang SALN... This will fail and will not curb tax evasion... This needs a lot of resources and man power to verify. Might as well just go with the big fishes...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by straker View Post

BIR Sucks!
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...ks-on-tax-rule

BIR now states that this is optional for the 2010 income tax filing...so we have a year to get this repealed, fixed or adjusted.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    We can "doctor-up" the SALN, but if BIR smells something fishy, naku! Sana nga bigtime na lang ako, naliligo sa pera, with the means to get the taxmen dizzy.... problem is I don't.

And we simply don't have the time for this c**p, optional or otherwise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
SALN for Private Citizens