New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    My bro. works in a bank and according to him, CC companies absolutely LOVE getting your payments late so they can collect interest.

Contrary to popular belief, you're not giving them any business by paying on time and in full before the due date. It's the opposite, in fact; Be late in your payments and they're earning money. Simply said, they thrive on CC holders that cannot pay the whole balance on time. Do you notice how the sales agents in malls tend to profile their prospective "sucker"? :D They don't offer it to everyone that pass by them, but they're trained to look for those Juan dela Cruz'es that seems to be spending 5 bucks for every 6 bucks he's earning.

Criminal as it seems, but that's their business.

True. But it doesn't serve them either if you get pissed off enough to cancel your credit card with them.

Example, one of my CCs now doesn't charge interest as long as I pay up before the next billing cycle starts. This gives me at least ten more days than the usual billing payment due date to pay off my credit card billing.

Anyway, in my case 99% of the time I pay my billing on or before the due dates.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 13th, 2009 at 11:42 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes very true

sa States, credit card industry insiders call customers who pay the full amount promptly DEADBEATS

DEADBEATS pay no interest and prevent the CC company from making any profit

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    True. But it doesn't serve them either if you get pissed off enough to cancel your credit card with them.

Example, one of my CCs now doesn't charge interest as long as I pay up before the next billing cycle starts. This gives me at least ten more days than the usual billing payment due date to pay off my credit card billing.

Anyway, in my case 99% of the time I pay my billing on or before the due dates.
    That's exactly how i pay my bills 99% of the time on or before due date.. for me the foremost reason i have a card is to have emergency funds if something needs to be bought unplanned and now it has to evolved to where it is what we use to pay our utility bills (auto debit) ... So never silang kikita sa akin ng interest ano sila sinuswerte ! when we were based in the sates ang pakinabang ko lang sa CC's ko dun is yung mileage para free na ang airline tickets namin mag asawa..

CC airline mileage points here sucks so i don't even bother with that at all....

i might try yung sa BDO ... MetroBank CC sucks bigtime !

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Why wait for your billing when you can have it via text

MetroCard link: https://www.metrobankcard.com/cards/gomaster.aspx

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yes very true

sa States, credit card industry insiders call customers who pay the full amount promptly DEADBEATS

DEADBEATS pay no interest and prevent the CC company from making any profit
    They still make money on merchants. Wala talagang kwenta yung mga taong di gumagamit ng credit card talo talaga yung CC company doon especially if they don't charge some kind of annual fee.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    i might try yung sa BDO ... MetroBank CC sucks bigtime !
    BDO's CC main advantage is you can link it with your SM Advantage card and gain double points for stuff you buy in SM stores or affiliated stores like Ace Hardware. You can use the points to "buy" items there instead of cash.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    talagang kwenta yung mga taong di gumagamit ng credit card talo talaga yung CC company doon especially if they don't charge some kind of annual fee.

sa akin lang mas walang kwenta tao yung gamit ng gamit ng credit card pero wala naman pambayad

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    It might be possible to cancel the card if you are willing to pay the entire remaining balance at your next payment schedule. Just inform the CC company and they will make the necessary adjustment to your next billing.
    actually gusto ko gawin ito but i will end up paying more than my current installment account may speed up process at sangkaterbang charges pag pina cancel mo ang 0% installment mo(i 0% daw??)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    actually gusto ko gawin ito but i will end up paying more than my current installment account may speed up process at sangkaterbang charges pag pina cancel mo ang 0% installment mo(i 0% daw??)
    0% interest installment payments plans are just marketing gimmick labels. The thing is that the interest is already computed into the amount you are paying.

Actually I have canceled a 0% payment plan on the card I canceled. No extra charges ek-ek. I just paid the total remaining balance.

It is really time to cancel your Metrobank CC.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    0% interest installment payments plans are just marketing gimmick labels. The thing is that the interest is already computed into the amount you are paying.

Actually I have canceled a 0% payment plan on the card I canceled. No extra charges ek-ek. I just paid the total remaining balance.

It is really time to cancel your Metrobank CC.
    I don't know how Metrobank implements their 0% program, but with my CC, 0% interest works... IF I pay the monthly dues on time.

For my card, the interest is not computed into the monthly dues. It is only added when a payment is missed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Metrobank CCard billing HASSLE !!!