New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I worked as an OFW for four years and earned 4 to 5 times of what you can get here. I already have a working Visa sa US wayback on 2000 but I did not grab it. And already working locally for 4 years.

Kaya lang kapag nasa labas ka na, minsan mag-iisip ka why is this country ang nakikinabang ng galing mo and why not rather do it for your own country. Earning millions abroad is worthless kung hindi mo nakakasama at makikitang lumalaki ang mga anak mo. Some OFW are successful financially pero kung mapabayaan mo naman pamilya mo, I rather have a simple life.

Sabi nila, they go abroad because this country is hopeless, who else will? There still no place like home.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala namang masamang mag-trabaho abroad lalo't kapakanan ng pamilya mo ang nasa-isip mo. Basta ba wag mo lang bibigyan ng kahihiyan ang Pilipinas.... come to think of it, sana kahit saan tayo nandoon (kasama na ang PILIPINAS) isipin nating huwag bigyan ng kahihiyan ang PILIPINAS.

Ang hindi ko matanggap ay yung mga taong hindi man lang nagdadalawang isip para palitan ang citizenship nila. I mean, bakit napakadali sa ating mga Pinoy na i-denounce ang pagiging Filipino citizens natin kapalit ng, let us say, pagiging American citizen? Sino ka kung wala kang sariling bayan? Sino at nasaan na ngayon ang iginagapang mong PAMILYA kung walang Pilipinas? OT na yata, hehehe.

Binasa ko ulit itong thread na to at talaga namang punung-puno ng magagandang punto ang magkabilang panig. Nice read!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    reason for being a U.S. citizen ?

well I could think of one, being a permanent resident you can't work for the federal government, unless you acquire US citizenship first.

why work for the gov? simple better benefits and retirement is secured coz of state pension. (tho you should still invest in IRA's, mutual funds and real estate). plus when worse comes to worst citizen ka ng US hindi permanent resident walang reason na patalsikin ka.

when the time comes I will apply for a citizenship, no regrets, all my bros are already here no reason for me to stay in the Phil (what for?).

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    9-10 yrs. din akong nagwork sa isang gov't hospital bilang nars dyan sa atin,nung binata ako ok lang, pero nung nagkapamilya't nagkaanak ay medyo mahirap na lalo na pataas nang pataas ang bilihin, gasolina, at krimen. Almost 3 yrs. na kmi dito sa NZ with my family at so far no regrets nman. Nurse supervisor/case manager na din ako dito after 1year lang, at least ay inaappreciate nila ang abilities natin. Mga ilang dahilan ng aking pag-alis:
    1)15Tpesos/mo.compared to 120-150T/mo.
    2)80 mil.Phil.population compared to 4mil.NZ pop.(less people means less patients
    3)clean air and beautiful scenery
    4)nuclear free
    5)nice weather!(alang pawis at libag he he)
    6)cost of living is proportion to income
    7)almost 0 crime rate (usually petty crimes by teen-agers)
    8)provide my daughter a safe and beautiful environment to live in
    But I still want to spend my retirement years back home, no place like home!

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Unless the government can finally say it is safe to live in the Philippines, then thats the time I'm coming home to live in PI!Its one thing when its difficult to earn money, but in my town in DAVAO, peace and order is another thing.

If you really think about it, if peace and order is not maintained, economic aspect will always be difficult. That's why, even though doctors have enough income in the Philippines, they still opt to move out of the country to finally live a peaceful, new life which is away from all the misery. To work somewherelse where compensation is tenfold and work with great pride and respect that sees great dignity of human life for a pursuit of ultimate happiness while we still can!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Medical Board Topnotcher namasukang nurse sa US!