New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I like my job right now and the environment. However, I'd trade it all for:

A. double my salary - I'm OK but I can always use more money.
    B. a company car - I'm currently using my own. You can only get a car if you take out a company loan.
    C. a closer location to my house - I drive for 1-1.5 hours from my house to the office.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I like my job right now and the environment. However, I'd trade it all for:

A. double my salary - I'm OK but I can always use more money.
    B. a company car - I'm currently using my own. You can only get a car if you take out a company loan.
    C. a closer location to my house - I drive for 1-1.5 hours from my house to the office.

Regarding C., napapaisip nga ako about my old job. The area's traffic is bad, but it's only a 10-15min walk from the house. To be fair, medyo magulo pero walang pulitiko...ang problema, yung ibang departments ang mapulitiko ... If the price is right...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    To bastardize former President Quezon's famous words....

"My love of my current job ends, where the need of my family begins...."...

As I was telling my colleagues, "I can understand that we are family here in the office, buy ultimately, we are responsible for our own families...."

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    presumably, characteristics found in the study may be inherent in western and european culture. there'll be one or two people who find passion in their job in less developed countries and third worlds among the millions of ofw's and those involve in industries like bpo's, church-run orgs, ***, cartels, illegal trades… where cash is king.

loving one's job takes an enormous amounts of energy and time to sustain it. and those who usually find passion in what they do at work, quit the day job, find their independence and make a career out of their similar passion and intensity. most find personal success, growth and fulfilment this way

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    In our case, tinanong ko na rin yan sa mga office employees namin on why they're with our company for so long. So long in fact that I'm having problems trying to lure younger employees to work for us. Layo ng age gap eh.. It's like 80% >40 years and above tpos 20% <30 years and below. If I were to average it out, office employee turnover namin averages >5 years.

The answer is management and salary. First is that majority (90%) of our office staff is females.. and they kinda appreciate the environment isn't really that competitive since they also raise kids and all. Since we're pretty established.. more of day-to-day nalang yun ginagawa nila -- take calls here and there, update records, etc. You can actually go absent anytime you'd like but it'll be a deduction on your attendance. Salary is above average than norm -- we don't do minimum wage unless the job is minimum wage.

For wages, they usually range at around Php20,000 net for clerical duties. Work hours is at 8am to 5pm. You don't get six-digits unless you're either at sales or senior-level management.

Hell.. for what it's worth.. I'm underpaid. Sinasabi ko na yan sa kanila pero minimum wage parin ako... and I'm CIO. WTF... this is why I hate family corporations.
    so why not look for another job? you can always carry the CIO title in your resume when applying. Come back to your family biz after 2-3 years....

I currently carry the President and Chief Finance Officer title from our family business. I am a medical doctor but got accepted to a financial/claims management position because of this in a local healthcare company. I would be quitting my current job end of May to focus more on our family business' expansion on the 4th quarter. That would be exactly on my 1st year in my current job.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    The same holds true with successful business man and enterpreneurs. They love and enjoy what they are doing. I think that's the key there.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Agree ba kayo dito mga sirs?
    hindi ata arranged in order yang reasons. kasi hindi agree yung reasons to stay and reasons for leaving.

last yung reason ng money for staying pero first sa leaving of job.

for me, money eventually wins lalo sa increasing cost of living nowadays. anyway, a job is a job, you're not supposed to be in love with it nor sleep with it.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Long ago, the word loyalty has been taken out from my dictionary

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hmmm.. Kung employee I don't agree salary parin ako.. Hehehe..

Beep Beep! School Bus! Beep Beep! School Bus!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    At our screening interviews, 99% of the applicants will choose career over payroll.
    At the exit interview, 99% of those leaving will say "ang babang magpasahod ng kumpanya!".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast