New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Unfortunately in my case only 50% of my annual fee was waved this year. I was offered the "Gold" card last year and I accepted it. I tried calling to get it waived but the CSR was a hard-ass. I called again right after and inquired about cancelling, but didn't get any indication they were offering me a full waive so I put the phone down. After a few days I called again, this time the CSR was more accommodating and again I requested for the 100% waive to be approved. Got a text 3 days later saying I'm only approved 50%. Looks like I'm not a big player :p

But if it's any consolation, I do get my secondary card waived 100% (different month) and the card I was using before the "Gold". Should have stayed with that instead, 'cause this new one definitely has bigger requirements for a 100% waive.

I'm too lazy to go to the process of cancelling and getting a new one. I didn't know a local branch manager could do that, somehow I find it strange to just walk in to your branch, go to the bank manager and say "hey, can you waive my credit card annual fee?"... Well, obviously it should be more "articulate" than that, maybe I'll try it next time :D

Sucks to pay an annual fee though, all those paying on time and avoiding interest rates go to waste. Somehow I felt cheated. But if this one doesn't get 100% next year, I'd probably consider other options.

The most common method is: 1) Call the hotline 2) Request for the waive 3) If only offered partial, request for an "approval" of 100% 4) get the reference number / get notified after a few days. On my personal experience, it depends a lot on your credit standing ("confidential requirements on how to qualify"), and greatly on the CSR you talk with.
    Last edited by kotiko; February 14th, 2013 at 12:19 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    before i also have CC na di ginagamit, then they charged me for a annual fee of 1200, HSBC ito, i just called their hotline to waive my annual fee, ayun waived na, i didnt initiate to cancelled this card, just keep it active, maybe in time baka biglang magamit.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually if I want to have my annual CC dues to be waived, I tell them to cancel the card (this assumes you have other CCs to use). If they don't want to waive, or just offers less than 100% waive, tell them to start the procedure to cancel your card.

This works MOST of the time but not all the time. One time, my brother tried using this and ended up with a cancelled card. LOL!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    i was charged by metrobank ng 2000 annual fee, which is parang mataas yata, yung hsbc at bpi ko 1200 lang, i told them to waived my annual, but they refused and offered me to waive 50% which is 1000, ano ba magandang sabihin dito para i-waived nila?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    i was charged by metrobank ng 2000 annual fee, which is parang mataas yata, yung hsbc at bpi ko 1200 lang, i told them to waived my annual, but they refused and offered me to waive 50% which is 1000, ano ba magandang sabihin dito para i-waived nila?
    kung hindi ka revolver, ipa cut mo na account mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    kung hindi ka revolver, ipa cut mo na account mo.
    transactor na ako boss, bagong buhay na

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    In my experience, hindi na gumagana yung threat na cancel yung card kung ayaw i-waive.

I just use my points to pay for the annual. Atleast wala pa din lumabas na pera sakin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
I want my CC annual fee waived?