New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    To summarize the responses so far: Card holders need to threaten cancellation (of the card) inorder for the customer support to waive the annual fees.

Isn't there a better way? Bec. this method does not work all the time.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^
    Of course there is. Ako nung pina-terminate ko yun Metrobank ko, I asked the CSR na kung meron sila na yun walang annual fee. He told me na meron pero wala nga lang reward points. Sabi ko eh ok lang sa akin, and the rest is history. By that time pala, may hinuhulgan pa akong home theater at 3 months nalang ang natitirang hulog

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    To summarize the responses so far: Card holders need to threaten cancellation (of the card) inorder for the customer support to waive the annual fees.

Isn't there a better way? Bec. this method does not work all the time.
    Use the card regularly. And not by spending on other extravagant things but on the necessary things. I have all my bills enrolled in the card, phone, cable, school tuition ng kids, electricity, plus all my shopping, gas, etc. These are the usual things you would pay in cash but it would be better to pay them thru card since you get rebates or points in return. However, pay your credit card bill in full all the time or else you'll get slapped with a whopping interest amount.

So everytime I call to have the annual fees waive, they will tell me that "since you are a valued customer and you bring good business to us, we shall waive your fees". Then you could use that line everytime, that you bring good business to them and they should waive it always.
    Last edited by Mguy; February 13th, 2013 at 12:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Anong card gamit niyo sir? Yun bang card niyo eh may reward points or wala?
    POSB platinum credit card (Mastercard) dito yan sa singapore.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post
    buhayin ko lang thread na ito

HSBC MC Card sa akin, just threaten your CSR :innocent: that you will cancel your card to waive it before you reach annual fee date... sayang din yong 1,500....

any tips about any other cards that can be waived yong CC...

i heard CITIBANK cannot be waived....
    Yung sa Citibank sir puede manegotiate last January they tried to charged me sa Shell Citibank ko ng annual fee both principal and supplementary yung na negotiate ko is waived yung supplementary and half na lang yung principal. Pero galit pa din misis ko kasi pag-sya principal talagang di kami nagbabayad ng annual fee like sa hsbc and bpi waived lahat for both principal and supplementary. mahina din kasi ako sa negotiation eh...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    BDO ang mautak, montly 75php ang nakadagdag sa bill ni misis, hindi din namin mapa waive kasi pang grocery lan nagagamit un card

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    BDO ang mautak, montly 75php ang nakadagdag sa bill ni misis, hindi din namin mapa waive kasi pang grocery lan nagagamit un card
    Matigas ang BDO. Dati nung may BDO tatay ko, ayaw talaga nila ipa-waive yun annual fee. Pero ngayon nabasa ko sa card ko, pwede i-waive, pero gastos ka ng 140k annually using yun card. Eh sus naman, yun BDO ko eh ginagamit ko lang once a month lang ata at sa pagkain ko lang ginagamit.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Kung pang-grocery bro.,- Citibank MC CashBack ang okay, dahil may 5% rebate.... P15K per month lang yata ang minimum required purchase para i-waive ang annual fee....

18.1K:rant:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Matigas ang BDO. Dati nung may BDO tatay ko, ayaw talaga nila ipa-waive yun annual fee. Pero ngayon nabasa ko sa card ko, pwede i-waive, pero gastos ka ng 140k annually using yun card. Eh sus naman, yun BDO ko eh ginagamit ko lang once a month lang ata at sa pagkain ko lang ginagamit.
    Citibank din,- matigas.... Some years ago,- nag-threaten ako na ika-cancel ko ang card ko kapag hindi nila ini-waive ang annual fee.... Ayun,- na-cancel nga... Dalawang beses nangyari sa akin iyon.... :hysterical:

Pero ngayon, okay na...(ginagamit kong reference si bro.shadow.... )

18.1K:rant:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    be sure you have a good credit standing before you threaten them to cancel your card because of annual fee, or else tutuluyan nila cancelation

of course, mainam din kung meron kang backup na card in case di kumagat sa bluff

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
I want my CC annual fee waived?