New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For those of you who are from the BPO, GSS, SSC industries in the Philippines. I am one of those and the benefits are immense.

Posted by Edwin Lacierda

BPO

There is a debate on Twitter who started the BPO industry.

The nascent stages of BPOs really started w/ Mar Roxas as Trade Secretary under Erap.

Mar tells this story of Erap’s US meeting with Bill Gates. On the plane en route to meeting Bill Gates which Mar arranged, Erap asked what outfit should he wear: coat & tie or his usual leather jacket.

Since it was a formal meeting, coat & tie was recommended. Erap agreed.

At their meeting site, Erap who wore a coat & tie was met by Bill Gates who wore a leather jacket [emoji3]

Out of that meeting, Bill Gates donated Microsoft licenses to the PCPS program.

Clothes maketh the man.

How the meeting came about was much more complicated. As there were various interests that each cabinet secretary had to pitch to Erap, one had to convince the President which was more vital to our country. For example, given the limited time a working visit has, the President needed to prioritize who and the purpose of the meeting.

Mar argued to Erap that the way forward for our country was information technology. Meeting with Bill Gates was important because at that time, Microsoft was the most ubiquitous operating system. That it can also bring in potential employment, potential revenues, not to mention the entry of new technology to our country were reasons to make the meeting. President Erap was convinced of Mar’s pitch and therefore decided to meet Bill Gates in Washington State.

And that started Mar’s Make IT Philippines which, among other measures, he undertook to make our country attractive to BPOs and earned him the title of “Father of the BPO Industry” and which is now one of the highest dollar earning industries in the country.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    For those of you who are from the BPO, GSS, SSC industries in the Philippines. I am one of those and the benefits are immense.

Posted by Edwin Lacierda

BPO

There is a debate on Twitter who started the BPO industry.

The nascent stages of BPOs really started w/ Mar Roxas as Trade Secretary under Erap.

Mar tells this story of Erap’s US meeting with Bill Gates. On the plane en route to meeting Bill Gates which Mar arranged, Erap asked what outfit should he wear: coat & tie or his usual leather jacket.

Since it was a formal meeting, coat & tie was recommended. Erap agreed.

At their meeting site, Erap who wore a coat & tie was met by Bill Gates who wore a leather jacket [emoji3]

Out of that meeting, Bill Gates donated Microsoft licenses to the PCPS program.

Clothes maketh the man.

How the meeting came about was much more complicated. As there were various interests that each cabinet secretary had to pitch to Erap, one had to convince the President which was more vital to our country. For example, given the limited time a working visit has, the President needed to prioritize who and the purpose of the meeting.

Mar argued to Erap that the way forward for our country was information technology. Meeting with Bill Gates was important because at that time, Microsoft was the most ubiquitous operating system. That it can also bring in potential employment, potential revenues, not to mention the entry of new technology to our country were reasons to make the meeting. President Erap was convinced of Mar’s pitch and therefore decided to meet Bill Gates in Washington State.

And that started Mar’s Make IT Philippines which, among other measures, he undertook to make our country attractive to BPOs and earned him the title of “Father of the BPO Industry” and which is now one of the highest dollar earning industries in the country.

Mar as the father of BPO. Ironically, the troll army, which came from the BPO, attacked their "Father"

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I never thought I would find myself working for a BPO company as I spent a lot of time working for global IT consulting companies. However, when I was given the chance to lead the local IT operations of a BPO company, I took it. It was a step in the right direction as I’m hoping I get to be CIO someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    what is the salary range for bpo heads or execs in the ph?

a. 3-4M /yr
    b. 4.5-6M/yr
    c. 7.5-15M/yr

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    what is the salary range for bpo heads or execs in the ph?

a. 3-4M /yr
    b. 4.5-6M/yr
    c. 7.5-15M/yr
    Average is B plus bonuses and stock options.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Ganun ba suweldo mo, bro? Secret lang natin. Hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Wow! Wrong collar color here. Unqualified can't anyway....Happy for yah, dream bai![emoji106][emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

ahh excellent industry inside info. tama ba the big3 are accenture sykes convergys?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    ahh excellent industry inside info. tama ba the big3 are accenture sykes convergys?
    wala na yata convergys bro

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Accenture is big because it has both IT outsourcing and BPO operations. I am not sure about the numbers but it may be between 60k to 80k people combined or maybe more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast