New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Do you consider gold and jewelrry as an investment?

My wife and I were discussing this. She thinks that jewellry is an investment. For me its a luxury item. She said it does not lose value and it will appreciate in value. She said that a diamond bought by her mom a long time ago is now worth a whole lot more.

I consider gold and silver bullion as an investment. Gold and silver has been considered as money since the old testament. It has never lost its appeal.
    WORD OF THE WISE: If it makes your wife HAPPY, then its an INVESTMENT.

Utimately, Life is but the pursuit of Happiness.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ok lang mall or fastfood eh. pero pag sa pedestrian lane eh ibang usapan.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010

My wife and I were discussing this. She thinks that jewellry is an investment. For me its a luxury item. She said it does not lose value and it will appreciate in value. She said that a diamond bought by her mom a long time ago is now worth a whole lot more.

I consider gold and silver bullion as an investment. Gold and silver has been considered as money since the old testament. It has never lost its appeal.

What are your opinons?
    My wife and I has a long standing conflict of opinions about this. She is working in one of the biggest pawnshop companies here in the Phils. and she invested a lot on golds/jewelry. Although she has a good point because golds appreciate in value fast, specially, the white golds, for instance, she bought a white gold necklace in 2007 with a pawned/appraised value of P10-12K, but now its pawn/appraised value is already P23,000-25,000; However, whenever we are on a tight budget, she is pawning our golds/jewelry and keep on paying the interests untill we have the means to redeem them.

On my part, I prefer to save money in banks, and whenever we are on a tight budget, I will just withdraw some of my money; and just deposit whenever we have extra savings.

I told her that golds/jewelry is a good investment and good business for us if we will buy the same at a cheap price and sell them at a higher price. As for instace, she will buy a necklace with a pawn/appraise value of P15,000 at only P10,000 and sell it for P15,000-P20,000. Or even just pawn/pledge it at P15,000 and never redeem it. Luckily, my wife is now listening to me and she already sold some of her jewelry.

Kaya sideline nya is selling used jewelry pati used laptops, digicams, at sabi ko isabay nya na ang used watches. For example she was able to buy an original Guess watch worth 7,000 more or less, for only P1,000-P1,500, then, she can sell it for P3,000-P4,000.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008

What are your opinons?
    just think you're buying Christmas decors...for adornment. Although, i buy every part of a jewelry raw, present a good design to an alahera...wear it and when one asks where i bought my set, i would offer it for sale thrice the purchase price. Marami ng nagkamali na patulan...in that sense investment. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vel0city View Post
    May members po ba dito from abu dhabi or dubai? Mas mura ba gold dyan? Any idea how much ang 18k Saudi gold per gram?
    Gold is cheaper in Dubai than anywhere else: Here's why | News-photos – Gulf News

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hello mga sirs

Up ko lang yung thread na to. Worth it pa kaya mag invest sa gold and jewelry ngayong pandemic?

Thing is, may close family friend kami na nag sangla ng gold ring sa ahensya at wala nang plano tubusin yung item. (Walang trabaho at kailangan ng instant cash kaya nag sangla ng item).

Ngayon, ibinigay samin yung papel de ahensya at sinabe saamin na kung interesado kami, pwede kami nalang ang tumubos.

Naisip ko bigla, worth it kaya kung ako ang tutubos ng item at ibebenta ko once na may buyer? Hindi naman ba nag de-depreciate ang value ng gold kahit may pandemic?

TIA!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by akosijhay View Post
    Hello mga sirs

Up ko lang yung thread na to. Worth it pa kaya mag invest sa gold and jewelry ngayong pandemic?

Thing is, may close family friend kami na nag sangla ng gold ring sa ahensya at wala nang plano tubusin yung item. (Walang trabaho at kailangan ng instant cash kaya nag sangla ng item).

Ngayon, ibinigay samin yung papel de ahensya at sinabe saamin na kung interesado kami, pwede kami nalang ang tumubos.

Naisip ko bigla, worth it kaya kung ako ang tutubos ng item at ibebenta ko once na may buyer? Hindi naman ba nag de-depreciate ang value ng gold kahit may pandemic?

TIA!
    IMO, it's a "buyer's market" may kilala ka bang bibili?

You can value something at XXX pesos... Pero kung wala naman interested bumili, technically wala din value yung jewelry.

Its the same personal concept I have with a car's resale value... You can calculate the car's value based on percentage/year... pero kung wala naman bibili, technically ang value nya is Zero.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    IMO, it's a "buyer's market" may kilala ka bang bibili?

You can value something at XXX pesos... Pero kung wala naman interested bumili, technically wala din value yung jewelry.

Its the same personal concept I have with a car's resale value... You can calculate the car's value based on percentage/year... pero kung wala naman bibili, technically ang value nya is Zero.
    Thanks sir Ice15. Actually wala pang buyer sa ngayon pero may kakilala kami na nagbe-benta ng jewelry kaya naisip ko na ako ang kumuha ng item sa pawnshop at ipapabenta ko sa kakilala namin. Nanghinayang din ako sa tubo kung maibebenta hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Are there any tsikoteers here based in the middle east? How much per gram of 18k gold now? Also, is it cheapest in Dubai?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Are there any tsikoteers here based in the middle east? How much per gram of 18k gold now? Also, is it cheapest in Dubai?
    A quick check online of the current price here, its àbout 2,350 per gram for 18k. Not sure sa gold souk (like a flea market), it usually is slightly cheaper.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
gold and jewellry