New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    So malaki pala kita nung Petron at Shell gas stations sa NLEX. Walang patay na oras sa lugar na iyon. Laging marami biyahero....at kumakain.

Mga CRs din, panalo.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^

yep

di ka magpapa-gas lang at aalis agad

magpapark ka muna, bababa ka ng sasakyan, mag CR, bili ng baon, coffee muna, merienda muna...

yung fuel retailing parang side business lang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    So malaki pala kita nung Petron at Shell gas stations sa NLEX. Walang patay na oras sa lugar na iyon. Laging marami biyahero....at kumakain.

Mga CRs din, panalo.
    most probably yun malalaking gas stations at nasa magandang pwesto eh mga company owned naman rin...so sila rin ang kumikita

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i don't know about the Shell station at NLEX, but the Petron Express Center at NLEX (Marilao) is owned by an independent dealer

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Malakas din yung Petron sa SLEX. Laging daming EB mga car club duon!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    nasisip ko din yun ROI na yan, meron kme isang business pero humina now, kaya naisip namen na bka pwede kme pumasok sa gas business, kasi sa bangko tulog din pera mo at sobra liit ng interest.

Hirap din humanap ng magandang location, cguro yun existing gas station available for franchise muna.

Salamat sa mga ideas, guys bka meron kayong friend na meron gas station, bka pwede naman makaalam ng mga tips sa kanila, just PM me :bike:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Ask ko dad ko how much yung franchise fee of Petron Gas Station. He explain na, ang petron na pala mismo ang gagastos for the infrastracture, needs, etc. But you are the one who will manage, monthly audit ang kita ninyo, so pag ok ang performance mo within the business, pwede ka pa mabigyan ng another site/location to manage again a Gasoline Station. Sa pag aaply, you must have high assets and liabilities, high earners, have stable business para makapasa sa qualification nila. Petron Corp are owned by SMB.

Soon..
    OT: Visit our newly Petron Gas Station located along quezon avenue near Kenny Rogers or Hi-Top, we have complete lube services, and minor car services,treats and coffee shop. Soon to open. Thanks Tsikot.com

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good Luck in your business :party:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *sir mark

yung existing station na available for franchise, kanino po ini-inquire yun?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The gas station business is all about location, volumes and margin. Other services will certainly help the bottom line but gasoline is the engine that drives the ship. I've been in the petroleum business for more years than I want to say, 30 years, there I said it, and have built and owned several brands in the usa Arco ampm now part of BP, chevron, shell, texaco, valero,and now plan on doing a gas station here in Philippines where I now live with my Filippina wife. Many have asked about what margins can be expected here in Philippines. What I have been able to gather so far is the independents Seaoil, Phoenix are telling me to expect .80 to 1.50 per liter. I've been discussing with the big three and have come to the conclusion that we may expect about the same in the area of 1.2 to 1.5 per liter. These numbers would be for someone leasing the site from the oil company with a completed unit already established. If you have the money to build the site you can get a much better deal. My first thought was to buy commercial property. But i quickly discovered that would not be the best use of my money. The best way is to ground lease the property and build the site. Much better for cash flow. The numbers I have come up with are 8 to 15 million pesos depending on location , size and services being offered. This would create a first class site able to handle higher volumes and also allow for other revenue generating incomes such as wash rack, lube, market, and possible co-branded fast food. To get your best margins you will need to go to one of the big three for what is call investment rebates. These rebates can add an additional 1.5 pesos per liter to your margin. As far as which major to go I think Shell is very popular and seems to have excellent per store average, I'm not thrilled with petron since they build them all over and even on top of each other which may be great for Petron but sure isn't going to help a Petron dealer with volumes. My choice however is Caltex because I worked with Chevron USA and they were always fair with me and other dealers. In addition I also notice that both Shell and Caltex maintain their stations much better then Petron which from what I have seen are dirty and in poor condition. Anyway I hope someone gets some information they can use to help them make an informed decision. For those of you that have never worked for yourself there is no better job then working for yourself even if that job works you 18 to 20 hours a day as this business sometimes can.

Good Luck

SJ

PS I currently own an Arco AMPM in California doing 400,000 gallons per month at .12 cents per gallon and market sales of 200,000 USD per month at 35% GPM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
GAS STATION BUSINESS, IS IT GOOD to Franchise?