View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    i'm leaning towards BPI classic or BPI-Petron. but from the looks of it, mukhang mas ok yung classic because it has more perks than the petron card, plus a lower annual fee of 1250 (which i will eventually have waived) and interest rate of 2.99%
    bpi is a good choice coz i believe that they have a direct arrangement with mastercard (i.e. as lead card issuer) hence they can afford to charge lower to both the merchant & the cardholder. unlike other banks/card issuers who "rides" on the facilities of lead issuers to be able to offer cc's to the market. also, bpi is one of few banks who have low cost of funds which partly enable them to collect lower interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    daming low interest credit cards ngayon. just make sure you don't miss a payment, cos the 2.99% will immediately jump to 22.99% or more. and they don't have much of a grace period either, parang trap nga ang labas eh.
    sir, i believe the 2.99% in the philippines is the regular monthly rate which approximately translates to a whopping 36% APR! if you paid late, you're slapped additional 12% penalty!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by totoybato View Post
    sampu sampera na nga ang credit card ngayon, whereas 15 years ago, pahirapan kumuha n.
    this is true coz most banks view this as a good source of income while for others, this is an added marketing tool to capture the customers entire "cash tunnel" and even to attract prospective bank customers, so to speak.. i believe that the latter is bpi's strategy which explains why they are not aggresively offering their credit card, i.e. in order to attain that sense of exclusivity..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    ako i have never paid any annual fees sa 2 kong cc sa BPI and HSBC.. pag mag charge na sila nang annual fee.. parati kong pinapa reverse.. ..
    most likely, its because of your spending habit.. as you indicated ==>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak
    ako kasi, i charged everything sa credit card.. i don't bring cash.. groceries, school, etc. tapos pag dating nang payment.. i pay parati in full.. kaya ayos lang din.. wala rin silang kinikita sa akin.. ako pa kumikita sa kanila.. kasi ang daming points.. gift cheques parati pinapapalit ko..
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Does AIG still have that feature wherein you can buy stuff in cash(for those establishments not accepting cc) and fax them the receipts, and AIG will charge it and refund you the cashout you made?

BTW, very important for me in choosing a credit card is the ability to pay Online thru BPI or Metrobank accounts. Dun kasi payroll namin e. Hassle kasi yong pipila ka pa sa banks/payment centers.
    i'm not really updated about their current local promo but i believe that they still have this & you may confirm this with their call center. its true, that on-line banking, mobilebanking & phonebanking are convenient alternatives.

if i may add, credit card companies earn not just from interest charges from installment purchases or revolving payments. afaik, a certain amount or percentage will always be deducted from the merchant receipts of all credit card transactions. so, depending on the amount deducted & the merchants profit margin, this is the reason why some establishments have different prices for cash & card prices.

sorry for the long post
    Last edited by slamtaz; August 8th, 2006 at 01:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    im using cc from epcib, mas convenient when buying online or when travelling there are separate bills for dollar and peso, unlike others banks tatagain ka sa exchange rate ng dollars so lugi

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    im using cc from epcib, mas convenient when buying online or when travelling there are separate bills for dollar and peso, unlike others banks tatagain ka sa exchange rate ng dollars so lugi
    yup and ePCIB is a VISA lead issuer. they are among a few credit card companies who issues visa, mastercard, amex & jcb. i think, only their mc & visa cards have separate credit limits for peso & dollar which is really good for frequent travellers but the rest are purely in pesos.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    yup and ePCIB is a VISA lead issuer. they are among a few credit card companies who issues visa, mastercard, amex & jcb. i think, only their mc & visa cards have separate credit limits for peso & dollar which is really good for frequent travellers but the rest are purely in pesos.
    Diners Card den ganun.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ok ba ang BPI cc kung gagamitin sa abroad? no hassles? baka hanapan ka ng iba pang cc.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung BPI mastercard walang problema.. kung yung express credit.. baka hindi tanggapin..

ok nga ang Equitable cc.. problema lang dyan yung customer service nila.. mga 30 minutes ka nang naka hold.. wala pa ring dumadampot.. amph!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bdo ang super aggressive... pag may account ka sa kanila in good standing, padadalhan ka ng gold MC, talo visa and mc hsbc ko sa credit limit....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    BPI Mastercard express credit gold ko walang prob using it abroad whether malaysia, singapore or hk. even inflight swiping in a cathay pacific flight walang hassle.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 109 View Post
    ok ba ang BPI cc kung gagamitin sa abroad? no hassles? baka hanapan ka ng iba pang cc.
    So far, wala akong naging problem pero it would be prudent for you to bring another card (kung may isa ka pang CC).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 109 View Post
    Sa Asia, walang problema. Pero sa US, they will be polite naman to tell you that they failed to validate, so they will request for another card - car rentals, restaurants and hotels.... not so with our Citibank and HSBC MCs.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Credit cards [Merged]