New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    theres no way in hell that Citibank is closing. my mom works for Citibank as a Loan Officer and a Broker and I havent heard anything about Citibank shutting down.

maybe siguro may branch lang diyan na mag shu-shut down.

anywayz, anyone here from Cali wants to open up an account with Citibank!? hehehehe.

aite, peace.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kumalat siguro iyan dahil dito:
    http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/15/news...ings/index.htm

kung itatanong mo kahit na sa Citibank employees na mismo eh di naman sila nababahala sa tenure nila...its the least of their worries dito sa pinas...pag-uusapan lang nila ang pag alis (pagsibak as they would like to say it dito sa pinas) ni Charles Prince, dating CEO ng Citigroup, tapos wala na...tuloy lang ulit sa trabaho...

kung may utang kayo sa credit card at kahit na magsara iyang citibank eh kokolektahin pa rin iyang mga pinagkaskasan ng credit card nyo

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    my cousin who works in Citibank-NY says magiging number 2 na ang Citibank, mapupunta sa top spot ang Bank of America.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy View Post
    kung may utang kayo sa credit card at kahit na magsara iyang citibank eh kokolektahin pa rin iyang mga pinagkaskasan ng credit card nyo
    ako may utang pa sa citibank

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    According to public records, Citibank have $1.5 Trillion in Assets as of 2005. I don't think there is not enough reason at this point in time to influence the bank's closure. The current housing slump in the US is affecting Citibank's past, present, and future performance. However, Citibank is a huge institution that operates globally. The current domestic strife can be solved with its current resources and once the Fed's medicine kicks in.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    According to public records, Citibank have $1.5 Trillion in Assets as of 2005. I don't think there is not enough reason at this point in time to influence the bank's closure. The current housing slump in the US is affecting Citibank's past, present, and future performance. However, Citibank is a huge institution that operates globally. The current domestic strife can be solved with its current resources and once the Fed's medicine kicks in.
    Citi was saved by the sovereign wealth funds

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speaking of which, UBS has just posted its largest 1-year loss in history hehe.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...ss-776206.html

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ya UBS is in deep sh*t...

Stuck with bad paper they couldnt sell

it announced a $10B writeoff in december 2007

yesterday, another write off - $4B!

Hintay lang natin ang mga ibang bangko

They are not yet done with their house cleaning.

They will still discover more bad paper... it aint over

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i agree with theveed and uls. economy of the world will be screwed with that one. it will be a start of problems for people around the world. it will have a bad domino effect to it. lotsa things connected to citi will have problems. and on the long line of list. the end user, we, will be in deep trouble. it will be like a country just closed.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tsimis lang yan sir.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Is Citibank closing?