New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We have heard that there are those that say that real estate investors (those who speculate on condos and small units) are on wait and see attitude so there may be a slowdown in this side of the market. But those looking to buy a home have not slowed down so this continues.

From those involved in real estate what have you heard? Are we approaching a good time to buy? Or not particularly.

What would homebuyers face? Will banks be looser in lending and lower interest rates? Assuming there is a slowdown?

If i had a lot should I sell now and wait a bit for home prices to go down? Will they even go down?

Would middle class housing still be stable? Luxury ones be cheaper?

Any thoughts?

wag ka na magreal estate. di ka na makaka push dyan. uso ngayon wellness thru MLMs, mas maganda market. inahente mo products na consumable kaya ung cliente mo ay babalik-balik sa yo lalo na kung nakita nila producktong inaahente mo ay maganda/effective. pero not all MLMs ay maganda, kung ikaw ay nasa taas malaki return sa yo. dapat una alamin mo paano ang marketing plan/system(nakakatulong ba sa kapwa or self-gaining/paramihan) ung products (kung legal ba,effective) at siyempre mas maganda kung tulungan, nakatulong ka na may return ka pa. most MLMs na pinasukan ko din, padamihan lang then pababayaan ka nalang ng naginvite sa yo..call it pyramidin, pero tandaan mo, ang sinasabi mong pagaahente ng lupa ay pyramiding din--di pa nga tapos yung site binebenta mo na...eto mahahawakan,magagamit, mabebenta mo na ung produkto, makakatulong ka pa...etong kung interesado ka, PM mo ako...

about sa condo, malaki nga kitaan dyan, pero pag nakabenta ka, kelan pa? tapos ung nabentahan mo, di na uli bibili yan sa yo kasi "consumable" ba na product ang lupa...obligado ka maghanap..about sa loaning program nila--it is in-house financing, not by bank and its 14-16%P.A! ...kung gusto mo bank, pwede din... pero wala pera mga tao, bibihira ang cliente mo.. if you want related sa lupa, gumawa ka nalang ng upahan at mas patok yun than mag-buy-sell ka ng real estate.

if your interested just PM me...mag-EB tayo sa greenhills..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    here are my thoughts.

Real Estate business is not good this 2009. Particularly in Manila, considering the relationship of Supply and Demand. Sobrang dami ng "supply", kumokonti ang "demand". If you drive around makati, fairview area, or cavite, you'll know the "supply" im talking about. And the decreasing demand? the global economic crisis explains it (considering that a lot of property buyers are foreigners and OFW's).

On the other hand, if you are a businessman, this is a good time to buy "jackpot" properties. Meaning, due to the economic crisis, there will be property owners who will sell their good piece of lands sa presyong palugi - para maibenta lang. But ofcouse, you have to wait 3-5 years (or more), for the property to move back to a good appreciated value.

how i wish i have that much savings to invest on properties

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, here are some trends or indicators to consider:

1. In the office sector, developers are putting expansion plans and upgrading plans on hold due to shaky occupancy rates. There is, to a certain extent, an oversupply of office space which will pull rental rates down.

2. In the retail sector, while developers are focusing on smaller, "pocket malls" considering the more difficult trading conditions. Buyers are changing their spending habits by being less fussy about brands than bargains.

3. The industrial sector will take a real hit, especially companies with huge factories but with little or no demand for their products (i.e. Intel). They will be troubled by non-performing, non-earning assets (land and machinery) which may force them to scale down or close operations and just liquidate their assets (if that were any easier).

4. In the housing sector, first-time home buyers will bide their time and wait for better deals with developers and banks. Those who are planning to buy 2nd homes or are dreaming about their resort or cabin getaway will have to rethink their options until the market conditions improve.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    too many sellers, not enough buyers

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ^^ so true! mahirap magbenta ng lupa ngayon pero if you are a buyer, medyo favorable ang conditions ngayon.... last week we just got a bargain dun sa katabing lupa nung bahay ng parents ko.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    It is unfortunate that there are so many real estate projects specifically intended for the OFW market. As world economy turns sour and a lot of overseas Filipinos are losing their incomes, it pretty obvious that we will see a significant glut in the turnover of these properties (condos, townhouses, etc.). The next 2 years and beyond will be a real struggle to stimulate an up-trend in this sector. However, I can see that agricultural land will have a lot of attention from interested investors.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kanyang kanyang trip yan. Real Estate speculation is kinda like merchandising. Buy low and sell high hopefully may kumagat. Real estate can also generate cash flow if you rent it out, but some people like buying and selling...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    All i can say is that investing on residential real estates is not really profitable. Much preferred talaga ang commercial and agricultural. but commercial and agricultural real estates dont come cheap. it is quite hard to find commercial and agricultural lots that costs 1 million to 5 million pesos (unless sobrang layo na sa main roads)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    It is unfortunate that there are so many real estate projects specifically intended for the OFW market. As world economy turns sour and a lot of overseas Filipinos are losing their incomes, it pretty obvious that we will see a significant glut in the turnover of these properties (condos, townhouses, etc.). The next 2 years and beyond will be a real struggle to stimulate an up-trend in this sector. However, I can see that agricultural land will have a lot of attention from interested investors.
    Unfortunate, probably due to the timing of the financial crisis. But, when you look at it, which sector will be buying en masse other than the OFW's?

At the end of the day, developers milked this market for all it was worth and when the going was good, it was very very good. There's simply not enough good-paying jobs locally for people to buy a house that's why OFWs are almost always the target market.

Well, its not all that bad. If people can't buy, they'll lease and we'll probably see an uptick in residential leases rather than purchases. Downside of this is that lessees have a lot of options so would-be landlords can't really raise rentals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast