New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    They have issues but not as prevalent as BPI ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    My daughter just received a phone call re BPI CC points to be forfeited due to the BPI Robinsons Bank merger, and that they will convert the points to cash and send it to her thru Maya. She believed them until they told her to log in to her BPI online account using an OTP that they just sent. Buti na lang medyo natauhan and she stopped the call and locked her account. The OTP was sent via the legit BPI sms system where she has an existing thread. Ingat tayo

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    My daughter just received a phone call re BPI CC points to be forfeited due to the BPI Robinsons Bank merger, and that they will convert the points to cash and send it to her thru Maya. She believed them until they told her to log in to her BPI online account using an OTP that they just sent. Buti na lang medyo natauhan and she stopped the call and locked her account. The OTP was sent via the legit BPI sms system where she has an existing thread. Ingat tayo
    Banks will never call anyone for their reward points. They might be trying to "forget password" her account. Ask her to change her password.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Banks will never call anyone for their reward points. They might be trying to "forget password" her account. Ask her to change her password.
    She locked it and called BPI, they advised her to set up another account which she did already.

Edit add: I think you're right, I tried forgot password and yes, the guy asked for her username and they probably were able to get her credit card account number kasi alam daw nung kausap and the bday, it's easy to get that info naman. I bet an accomplish already had her username on standby and just waiting for her to give the OTP. She was just seconds away from being cleaned out.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I’ve been trying to find ways how to transfer for free from BPI to other banks. So far, for me, the best way is this:
    BPI --> Vybe (by BPI) --> other banks
    Transfers are free
    Vybe is an eWallet like Maya, GCash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vybe.jpg  

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182