New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ano ba nangyari? Pano na hack yung account holder?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 52949.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Ano ba nangyari? Pano na hack yung account holder?
    i do not know.
    but it is a generic statement.

i am reminded of a theory from way back.
    "it might not have been hacking. it might have been usernames and passwords freely and innocently given and taken advantage of..."

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i do not know.
    but it is a generic statement.

i am reminded of a theory from way back.
    "it might not have been hacking. it might have been usernames and passwords freely and innocently given and taken advantage of..."
    Might be, but I just remember reading here in tsikot about a CEO(?) of a realty Corp and his wife a board member where a thief got her number deactivate from the wife's sim and activated to a new sim for the thief. So the thief is able to get OTP.

I'm wondering if this is the case or a different modus.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Might be, but I just remember reading here in tsikot about a CEO(?) of a realty Corp and his wife a board member where a thief got her number deactivate from the wife's sim and activated to a new sim for the thief. So the thief is able to get OTP.

I'm wondering if this is the case or a different modus.
    googling,
    it would appear BSP got complaints from bdo account holders,
    of moneys being withdrawn and transfered to another bank.
    it was associated with stories of text messages for jobs...

my guess is,
    someones gave their personal informations to someones, who in turn withdrew the moneys from their bank accounts...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    googling,
    it would appear BSP got complaints from bdo account holders,
    of moneys being withdrawn and transfered to another bank.
    it was associated with stories of text messages for jobs...

my guess is,
    someones gave their personal informations to someones, who in turn withdrew the moneys from their bank accounts...
    Heard on the news few days ago that there will be people pretending to be processing something important, maybe a job application or winning a raffle and they will ask you to send the OTP to confirm your prizes or something. Usually mga target daw nito ang mga seniors who barely can navigate their smartphones.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I saw a video ina viber group of a girl complaining about how her bdo account was hacked. P50k was somehow transferred online bur she didn't authorize nor receive nay otp. Sorry can't seem to fighure out how to attach the visdeo from viber.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have to say, it's a rather sophisticated attack. This is beyond usernames and passwords because every transaction also requires an MFA challenge, which somehow, the perp was able to circumvent. Unless the victims have also been "sim-swapped" without them being aware of it. But to me that's a little far fetched since something like that would've been the first thing they discovered after they've known about the unauthorized transactions.

Too many unknowns at this point but I'm pretty sure this is not the action of just one person.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    smishing kaya cause ng unexpected bank transfers?

IDK this is the cause of all BDO atms near me just went offline last afternoon when i checked two branches in better living and in san antonio valley 1 branch they are all offline!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Multiple BDO Users Allegedly Fall Victim to Online Banking Hack

So the bank transfers happened without the source account receiving OTP, bakit kaya? This may mean either na hack yung phone number nila for OTP or sa system mismo ng BDO na hack.

And the amount transfers are usually 50k, maybe because this is the amount limit for money laundering to trigger?

And it was transfered to union bank which they say can easily be converted to crypto.

I really want to know how this happened and how can this be prevented. Alarming Yung walang OTP.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    smishing kaya cause ng unexpected bank transfers?

IDK this is the cause of all BDO atms near me just went offline last afternoon when i checked two branches in better living and in san antonio valley 1 branch they are all offline!
    Smishing means OTP was required. Wala daw na receive na OTP yung mga victim.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast